Looking to join the eRevolution

Andy D

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 30, 2016
Berkshire
Hi All

I've recently discovered the forum, and have already had some good advice, and seen some options I'd not thought of.

Was once a keener cyclist than now, got back into it mid-90s(I'm mid-40s) with the MTB boom with a Raleigh, then a Kona followed by a lovely Giant in NZ then a cheapo Specialized (that's not got much use this Summer due to my laziness).

Going to be moving house very soon, and facing a 2-3 mile each way commute rather then the sub-5 min walk I currently do. Not quite up to cycling the lot on my standard pushbike and arriving sweaty - then dreading the slog home......

Was originally inspired by seeing something on the Gtech Sport - then saw the (now departed) Freego Raptor.
Both struck me with their super clean design and single-speed / courier styling. However, the lack of gears and the possibility of crazy cadence over 15 mph was a slight concern.

Latest bike that caught my eye - thanks to this very forum - is the Greenedge CS2. Looks nice for an eBike (IMHO) and has gearing. Just a bit worried by some of the kit (Forks look cheapo, and the tyre look chunky - not sure how rolling resistance would affect performance/range?).

Anyway , I'm sure you'll see me pop up on threads on here in future. And any advise/tips gratefully received.

All the best

Andy (Berkshire - Not sure who else/what Dealers are around here?)

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Welcome Andy
Have I read that right - 2 or 3 mile commute? Or are you moving house by bicycle?
I'm sure you'll be clocking up more miles once you get your bike!
If you're not too far from Swindon then there's an excellent shop there:
E-Motion

Andy D

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 30, 2016
Berkshire
LOL - I think there maybe a van involved.

The new commute is only around 3 miles each way - But I'm WELL out of shape (Nearly 15stone too). But yeah, would like to get some more use.
Be mainly road - But we have some good Bridle and Tow paths around here.

Thanks for Swindon tip - Just east from there along the M4 :)

Andy