Lupine SL X headlight upgrade integrated with Bosch active line+ motor and Nyon display

tuniwes

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2020
The AXA light supplied with my Raleigh Motus GT in 2020 (Not the best) stopped working....In researching a suitable integrated replacement I came across the Lupine SL X. To put my situation in perspective, I gave my car away to my son in 2022 and my bike is my sole means of transport. This includes around 2,000 miles a year commuting in the dark.
In the morning this involves around 2 miles on an unlit single track country lane with passing spaces.

Once I saw this video, I couldn't unsee it!......the best integrated E bike headlight solution for a Bosch powered Ebike.

The focus and tightness of the wedge of light on the low beam setting is outstanding and because it has StVZO approval, it won't dazzle oncoming, cars, cyclists or pedestrians.
Once out in the open on unlit roads or paths the high beam can be activated via a button on the handlebar remote....gamechanger!
Also has a daytime running light mode that automatically switches to low beam according to the ambient light conditions

Fitting was a breeze, mine was supplied with replacement bottom brackets for the Nyon mount and the light fits on the bracket neatly tucked under the Nyon. Lupine also do a version that integrates with the Intuiva display.

The elephant in the room is the cost...£397 delivered inc taxes from Germany. It's a lot to pay for a light, but for me it's a one off, pay once quality addition to my bike that has hugely improved my enjoyment and safety riding after dark.....the cost is insignificant compared to if I were running a car.

Last edited: