Mapdec cycles -servicing an emtb

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I thought expensive bikes were supposed to be reliable. 1 year old, and it needed all that work. My £1100 bike has had about half of all that work in 10 years, and the total cost for all the parts has been less than £50.

Also, did I miss something? He showed the wobbly back wheel and knackered hub bearings, which was probably the worst thing on the bike, but I didn't see him do anything about them.

"An E-bike service bill can easily reach over £1000". The service for the well-looked after 1 yr old one was £406 without the knackered bearings getting replaced. I find that staggering.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Anyone would think that the bike is something special for that price , but......... it isn't. It is a bike with a motor , he must have been trained by Halfrauds.
Someone is having a laugh or simply needs to charge so much due to lack of work and income.

My bikes only real costs in servicing are the odd pair of brake pads replaced , a swap over of chain and very little else bar a wipe over with a rag. One reason why I have a hub bike is because they are ultra reliable and rarely need any maintenance .

Reactions: flecc