Meet and ride, Please give date you might be able to make if interested.

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
Hi Tiberius and mkc1
As you can't make the 25th of this month can you post another date, perhaps the Saturday afterwards ie the 1st of August, and if any one else is interested in a meet and ride with a stop off for lunch somewhere in the New Forest please post your thoughts with an available date. We'll go for the most popular date if you would't mind a Saturday. Thanks, Tony.

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Tony,

I'll list Sundays as well in case that opens up more options.
Provisionally, then, dates I could come to the New Forest are:

Sun July 26th

Sat August 1st *
Sun August 2nd *

Sat August 15th
Sun August 16th

Sat August 22nd
Sun August 23rd

Sat Sept 5th

Sat Sept 19th

Can't promise any of these as things change, of course.
* This weekend I would come to an event but couldn't take part in a long ride.

Nick

themutiny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2009
I work on most saturdays, but would be up for almost any Sunday, given suficient notice (assuming we're talking New Forest)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Meeting

Love to be there, as soon as a date has been decided upon please let me know, maybe we could start and finish at Sammy Millers, there is a great tea room there.

All the best David

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
New Forest Meet and Ride.

I'll fairly shortly, (in a few days) post a date and meet time, with respect to members posts as to their availability; a destination - some 10 to 12 miles away and back, a standard and typical distance for fully charged bikes I think. Perhaps this destination might be either a pub or tea rooms, and an approx route to get there, and a slightly different route for return at Sammy Miller's Tea Rooms, Tony.

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
Meet on Sunday the 30th August at Sammy Millers Museum?

Hi All. Sorry I haven't been on the site for a while and contributing to my own topic as above.
How about Sunday the 30th August at Sammy Millers Mortorcycle Museum, outside the Wisper shop at 10am.
The shop is just inside the entrance to the museum courtyard and in on the right, to the right of the cafe and tucked in the corner.
From this start we can then cycle to Brockenhurst and then to or near the pleasant town of Lymington, resting on the way. Although I haven't as yet taken a note of the mileage or even the exact route, I will do soon, and anyway this I suggest will make good basis of the route taking in as much of the quiet(er), roads of the New Forest. One or two nice pubs on the way, where I am sure we can get something to eat such as sandwiches crisps etc, I presume few if any of us will want a full course meal.
From the one or two members who posted their interest, a Sunday seems favourite, though I personally could make the Saturday the 29th just as easily.
Could members post their thoughts please, as to the above dates. Thanks, Tony.

Last edited:

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
I'm up for it!!

Count me in for either 23rd or 30th August, Weather permitting.

I'll be riding my Wisper 905GTS............

"VINCENT"

It'll be good to meet some fellow forum members, and hopefully, the gentleman responsible for producing this magnificent thoroughbred.

All the best

Bob

Swindon

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
I'll be on holiday but hopefully this can become a regular event over the year?How do you guys and girls transport your bikes safely?I hate bike racks and would use our van.

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Wally Wisper says that because of the train service he can't get there until 10:15 - 10:30 on the 23rd or 30th.

Colin
(neither can I get there on time ;) )

Aviator

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 28, 2009
Interested

I would be interested in coming along either 23rd or 30th as long as a decision is made soon. However I would like to know the intended distance.

Martin

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
Sunday the 30th August 2009 at 10.30 am for Forest Ride.

It really looks like the 30th August, that's the date most people seem to be able to make, sorry those that can't make this date.
I motorcycled round what I think would be an appropriate route this afternoon, it involves mainly quiet roads through the Forest though starts off with a fairly busy, but not overly so main road, which lasts for three or four miles, before we go on to quiet stretches.
There is only one roundabout and one busy junction, (if we choose to take it and so go a bit further) which involves a right and almost immediate left turn. There are two or three pubs on the way, I have not enquired as to whether or not they 'do' food but most do some sort of food these days. The route is approx 22 to 25 miles long, i.e. back to Sammy's Museum, and depending on whether or not we choose to go that bit further - for instance we could go down a quiet track which leads to the back part of Lymington, we could then either go through that busy town or avoid it and come back more or less on the same route as going.
I don't know if anyone else going is a local, if so it might be an idea if they take up the rear to ''catch'' anyone making a wrong turning, if there is anyone could you message me and we can discuss the route in more detail, if not I would think there would not be a great problem in keeping up with the convoy.
As to parking, I don't know if we can park our cars for that day at Sammys, (I envisage something like six hours approx), I wonder David if you could have an influence here - Wisper shop and all that! There is quite a large park at the Museum; otherwise there is a lane, (road really), called Stem Lane just to the left of the Museum, (looking towards the Museum and eastwards), down that road about half a mile on the left there is Antlers Drive with a warren of roads which do not at all appear to have any restricted or resident only parking, and the estate looks a quite reasonable one.
Shall we say then: 10 15am on Sunday the 30th August, waiting a few minutes for those that can't make it quite on time for various reasons. Tony - Tenderbehind.

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
Address and 'Phone number.

Sammy Miller's Motorcycle Museum,
Bashley Cross Roads,
New Milton,
Hampshire. BH25 5SZ.
Phone; 01425 620777.
Please pm me for my 'phone numbers if required. Tony.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
I think it's a good idea to settle on the 30th, the jetstream that's bringing all this cloud and rain is still firmly stuck over Southern and Central Britain. Metcheck predict the jetstream will move to it's historically more Northerly position early next week. There's a very good chance of a dry and sunny Bank Holiday.

All the best
Bob