Merry Summer Christmas from Australia

Tex

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Hi there. Merry Christmas UK E-bikers! Nice 60k ride on my Optibike this morning through Ka-Ring-Gai National Park this morning. 22 degrees. Now for some prawns on the BBQ and a few beers. Stay safe northerners! Tex (Sydney).

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Tex, many thanks for the greetings from Oz. No snow here in the south of England, just a bit cold but it will be mild enough tomorrow to get out on Christmas Day.

Have a great holiday and best wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year from all of us e-Poms.

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
... and from Phnom Penh - no bike yet but 29° here - doesn't feel very Christmassy!

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Ok guys if you are going to gloat we need some photos.

It is about +7 in Denmark and at this point last year it was about -20 so I am not complaining. I spent yesterday cleaning my motorbikes in the garden. Lovely and sunny all day. This is what Christmas should be like. Cold enough to know it is winter but warm enough to get out and do things.

Steve

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
I would steveindenmark - but I gave up trying on this site - I just cannot figure out how, even after Flecc tried to help me - cannot upload from my computer and if I link to flickr I just get a blank square.

Last edited:

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
Once during my non-biking years (age 21 to 49) I spent one Christmas day on a Caribbean Desert Island - well actually a Coral Cay 100m or so in size with no shelter from the sun. We had hired a fisherman to take us out (1 miles or so from the mainland) and just hoped he would return in the evening to collect us. He did. We spent much of the day snorkeling on the coral reef.

Now that I am well back into biking, having given up running 10 years ago, at 8 am this Christmas morning I was tempted out by the mild weather on to almost deserted roads. I chose my non-assisted push bike and greatly enjoyed 10 miles in 65 minutes: just over 9mph. This included a 10%+ climb negotiated at around 2.5 mph and I reached the top without having to stop for a recovery. This is just about what I could do last Christmas, so I am well pleased that my intermittent riding of an electrically assisted bike over the last 9 months has not resulted in a reduction of my fitness level.

Nobody out on a bike - but I saw 2 groups of small children trying out scooters.

Now, after a bit of a lie down to rest, I must help with cooking lunch.
Happy Christmas to all pedelec enthusiasts.

avronb

Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2011
To say i am green with envy is a understatement,the weather here in Shropshire is wet,windy and cold also dark at 16.00,ENJOY.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Have a good one Tex!

Feel a little sorry for you to be honest (not on the e bike ownership front, dead jealous of that!:p) Here we are snuggled up in front of the wood burner opening presents drinking mulled wine....

we go away some where hot most Christmases but its not the same, were supposed to be in Gambia now but things were a bit hectic getting house refurb finished.

Among the best Christmas days that I have had were one in Antigua, and on a Western Caribbean cruise, where we spent Christmas day in Belize, on a long speed boat trip through the jungle to visit Ancient Mayan city then back to Boat for Christmas dinner that evening....Supurb!

All the best to everyone! and heres to some new bikes in 2012. Me, probably the Kalkhoff S class Bosch;)

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
I just thought I would try Alistair.

I use Photobucket. Download a photo, click on the thumbnail and choose IMG Code and you get this. It is simple even to a PC idiot like me.

Steve

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yeah...Sun has just come out in London and spoilt everything!:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It has indeed, blinding me through the windows as it's so low. Not very Christmassy.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Boxing Day,
Dull, heavy overcast, lights on in the house at midday here in Swansea. Still, it's not cold.

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
Ok - I'll give it a try, Steve - here's Santa arriving at my daughter's school