Milton Keynes

warlord0

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2024
Midlands
Anyone an MK cyclist?

I'm looking to move jobs. Got a potential in MK and seems they are a very bike orientated town. One of the things I've encountered is a safe bike store at Witan Studio. It has showers and big lockable boxes to put your bike in. Comes in at about £290 per year. Anyone got experience there?

The job is easily walkable from MK station, in fact it's at Witan Studios where the bike safe is. My bike route is mainly at my home end (4 miles) getting to the train station. It also looks like I may only be in the office 2 days a week. Is the £290 a worthwhile payment? I could get insurance for less. But is the site really secure? Anyone have any thoughts/experience with bikes going missing there or issues with the facilities?

If there were bike safes at my home end that would be awesome, as I would not need to transport the bike by train at all. Sadly, no. :(

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
`Im sure the showers are much appreciated by those who need to do all the work cycling a distance ;), and rather than a replacement for insurance the lock box cost option could perhaps be considered an optional extra cost to further avoid the possible hassle of a theft. dont dismiss the 3rd party liability etc value of insurance..

Milton Keynes is a pretty nice place but it also has its dodgy element, and any nice bike locked up in the same place regularly could eventually catch the eye of an opportunist.

Since your company is in the same building as the lock box co and your requirements are limited to a few days per week might be worth trying to chat about a pro-rata rate? asking rarely offends if refusals are accepted graciously

EDIT cant think where but im sure someone built a bike safe lock box trailer they tow to work pull wheels off and bolt to railings or something and lock their pride n joy inside along with the trailer wheels.

Reactions: warlord0

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Milton Keynes
Known for its roundabouts.

Roundabouts; The cyclists friend.

Related Articles

Advertisers