MiRider One Owner

LNTDS

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Hey all,

I've had my MiRider One for a few months and I've done over 1000 miles. Great bike and loving it for my 20 mile daily round commute come rain, hail, freezing or, on rare occasions, sun!

It's great getting to work saving me from being too exhausted after the ride with my gear. A few punctures but that's to be expected.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hey all,

I've had my MiRider One for a few months and I've done over 1000 miles. Great bike and loving it for my 20 mile daily round commute come rain, hail, freezing or, on rare occasions, sun!

It's great getting to work saving me from being too exhausted after the ride with my gear. A few punctures but that's to be expected.
Yes, good bikes, but it's not one that I'd choose for a commute like that. Why didn't you get a bike with big wheels and gears? Can you do the round trip on one charge?

Punctures can be eliminated by fitting Scwalbe Marathon Plus tyres. A puncture is the last thing you want to be dealing with on a cpld winter commute.

Reactions: LNTDS

LNTDS

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Yes, good bikes, but it's not one that I'd choose for a commute like that. Why didn't you get a bike with big wheels and gears? Can you do the round trip on one charge?

Punctures can be eliminated by fitting Scwalbe Marathon Plus tyres. A puncture is the last thing you want to be dealing with on a cpld winter commute.
Great questions!

I already have a hybrid I adore but I wanted a small foldable e-Bike which I can store in the house and under the stairs at work. Also much easier to transport in the car. I don't really have the space for another larger bike but I agree, it would be great to have one for the larger wheels and gears.

I can easily achieve the stated 45 miles and above. In winter it is much closer to the 20 miles due to the temperature but still plenty to get me to and from work. I'm very happy with the distance although I'm aware others have struggled to get the distance claimed by MiRider.

Unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken, Schwable do not produce a Marathon Plus tyre in 47-305 but they do their original Marathon. I recently switched to them after trying a few different tyres and they've performed excellently so far. I should have changed to them sooner as they're my go to on my larger hybrid bike and many people rate them highly.