Mirrors...or Not ?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Been using two of the Hafny style mirrors on my cargo bike for the last couple of years (sold as 'Klevsour' but arrived branded and boxed as Hafny). They don't wobble, stay where you position them and have a wide enough field-of-view to get a decent idea of what's happening behind you. Having the left-hand-side mirror as well is definitely useful in busy traffic and on roundabouts and multi-lane one-way systems; helpful for checking he trailer is still attached too ;)
View attachment 53169

I tried those, they showed me clear non-shaky views of my elbows. I have 580mm handlebars - wider would have worked out better.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Just wondered what the general opinion is, of these new handlebar mirrors......I have to say it is jolly useful knowing what's behind you at all times.......View attachment 53128
I tried those mirrors on flexi tentacles too - they showed me very shaky views of my shoulders. Bar-end Zefals aren't shaky, even on my non-suspension bike (which has no suspension options whatsoever).

I'd prefer a slightly narrower field of view; cars are misleadingly small in the mirror.
Objects are closer than they appear using Zefals.

Reactions: Del Arthur

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Take a Look mirror was helpful, it can be used left or right side, can be fixed on helmet/specs and can be kept in your pocket.
In an accident, might those cause injury?

afzal

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2023
Kerala, India
In an accident, might those cause injury?
I had not thought about it earlier. Though chances are less (haven't come across any case yet), I think it is possible.

Just thinking loud, assuming it worn on spectacle (my case),
1. Probably risk factor would be same or less than that of the spectacles
2. Spectacles might prevent mirror directly hitting the eye, but then spectacle might hit with more force
3. Mirror would be kept slightly offset from the eye, so high chances of it breaking away, thus not hitting the eye.
4. Mirror is harder than normal spectacles, that could aggravate the issue

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Another vote from me for the Briskmore range. I've been offered review samples of most from the range and find them excellent on our touring and folding bikes.