"Momentum" badged 8FUN controller wiring

ChrisOfBristol

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2016
UK
I have a controller from a crashed bicycle. The battery, motor and display cables are obvious, as are the two small connectors for lights. There is one remaining cable which was ripped out of the bottom bracket with red/black/grey/brown wires ending in a small white plug plus green and yellow bare wires.

Some of this is probably for a pedelec sensor, there might be something spare for the alternative of a throttle. I don't think pedelec sensor control is very safe so would prefer a throttle if I can adapt this. Any ideas what these six wires are?

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The 4 wire/white connector is for torque sensing BB, you have to bung it and get a normal cadence type controller or buy a TS BB and hope it might work once wired up.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes bottom bracket, most BB and controllers are paired up as the BB & controller software will all differ.

ChrisOfBristol

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2016
UK
I decided to see whether I could get a new cadence/torque sensor. The Momentum dealers said they didn't have spares and suggested trying the distributor. I contacted the UK one and the French manufacturer (in French). No response. I wasn't impressed. I cut off the useful plugs and threw away the controller.