Monsal Trail

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
Went to the Monsal Trail in the Peak District on Sunday, it was a glorious day.

The trail was more for walkers previously, someone with obvious forethought decided to get the railway tunnels opened, illuminated and fit for the public to pass through, both walkers and cyclists.
The tunnels have a strip of tarmac up the centre, about the width of a single carriageway and are perfect.
We joined the trail at Bakewell Station and cycled to Blackwell Mill cycle hire where you can get tea and snacks. It was about 16 miles there and back, well worth a go if you are ever in the area. :cool:

One thing occurred that someone may be able to explain. There is a very steep hill down to the cycle centre and after tea and cakes i thought this would be the perfect challenge for my Agattu. I selected 2nd, put it in full assist and set off, i had not done more than a dozen pedal strokes and the power cut out? this stopped me in my tracks.
I set of pushing but was not happy with this at all, so i reset the power, selected first and set off diagonally across the trail to give me a start and this time it sailed up, strange!:confused:

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
Yes it's well worth doing.

Me and Mrs. Willin' did this on June 10th on our unassisted bikes and it is a lovely ride with some great views. We started further along from Bakewell and rode 6 miles to the end of the trail and then back again. It was quite busy with walkers and cyclists but NO horses (where I live there are more horses than bikes on the trails).

It's very easy going all the way there and back unlike my bit of the C2C which has a few steep bits where bridges and tunnels have been removed.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
One thing occurred that someone may be able to explain. There is a very steep hill down to the cycle centre and after tea and cakes i thought this would be the perfect challenge for my Agattu. I selected 2nd, put it in full assist and set off, i had not done more than a dozen pedal strokes and the power cut out? this stopped me in my tracks.
I set of pushing but was not happy with this at all, so i reset the power, selected first and set off diagonally across the trail to give me a start and this time it sailed up, strange!:confused:
If it hadn't properly completed the diagnostic self check the first time, this could happen. An alternative could be that one of the battery connections wasn't making well, causing it to drop out.