More ebikes about

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Has the future finally arrived? There seems to be a lot more ebikes about this year. Only yesterday there were 3 outside Morrisons' Gloucester branch: a Thompson, an Izip and my Urban Mover.

Have others noticed an increase, or is it a Glawster thing?

Bill

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
Has the future finally arrived? There seems to be a lot more ebikes about this year. Only yesterday there were 3 outside Morrisons' Gloucester branch: a Thompson, an Izip and my Urban Mover.

Bill
I've seen a similar increase in Ipswich as well (and we don't even have that many e-bike dealers here, at least for the more upmarket brands).

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM

Bill
Is it not the case that because you have an interest in e bikes that you are noticing more e bikes?

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
I have actually seen less as the weather warmed up. Most of them are either pushed slowly along the pavement or cycled without assistance.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Not really. But my little world is quite small! ... I did notice a women on a brompton or similar in Alton. Next time I see her I'll have a closer look and find out more.
Currently I am the only one where I work to have one. Although, someone was asking me about the e-bikes offered by Evans as part of the C2W scheme yesterday so I may have company soon! ..

btw - fond memories of Salisbury Rd, Glos. where I used to live and still have a house!

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
There are definitely one or two more around the streets of Bath, but then hereabouts would be fruitful territory for a pedelec, both Bath & Bristol being very hilly cities. And last week I passed another pedelec rider going the opposite way to me on my homeward commute every day on the A367. Haven't seen him this week although I've been following the same route at the same time; I wonder if he frequents this forum? I'm the chap in the black pinstripe suit and Nutcase 'Bandana' helmet....

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
I was reading an article in the "i" newspaper last week about some village that had been saved after the third runway at Heathrow was cancelled and one of the photos used of the village featured some guy pedalling along on his Cyclamatic Power Plus.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've only seen an increase in dealers who handle e-bikes in any way, from 2 to 4, but I've still to see an e-bike ever ridden in my area, outside of an occasion when I met up with another member at Warlingham to do two test rides.

There must be some of course, but being ridden on the road around here they are as rare as hen's teeth.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Same boat as Flecc. Never see any but then again I only ever do my standard commute and see the same faces.

Probably about 20 cyclists going down the main A34 on my way to work. Most are obviously going towards Birmingham center to work. All are hardcore cyclists!

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Warrington is host to at least two Juicybikes, a couple of Powabykes, a Salsibury, a Trek with a somewhat odd set-up (friction drive on front wheel) and a Brompton which somestimes is e-powered and sometimes isn't.