Mountain bike

newbbike

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2010
I went back to the dealer I got my wife's electric folding bike from today to get 2 new tyres for it after some scumbag decided to slash a hole in one and stab the other one :-/ she only left it chained up for 15 mins and I think someone may have tied to nick is and got frustrated, we were in an area that we don't know so I'm not sure it was the best area to leave a bike! Anyway... When I was there I had a go on an electric mountain bike they have and am considering it to use on my hols as the big one I got is too bulky to take! But this one will got on the bike rack....I think!

Rides ok, it doesn't have a throttle and is pedelec only. He said this is part of the req for the European standard ENsomething, which initially I thought would be no good for me because I like my throttle, but tbh after trying it I quite like it and maybe I'll lose some weight! Anyone had any experience of this type of bike? It seems that most on the forum have a non throttle anyway?

Cheers

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
pretty awful looking to me.....and dont look particularly light either? similar to cheap ebay bikes...

Throttles still legal so whats wrong with having one? I dont use mine when on an exercise run unless I really need to, better with then without IMO

D

Deleted member 4366

One of the pictures seems to shows a thalf width hrottle on the right hand handlebar, Or is it a three position switch of sorts?

newbbike

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2010
Not sure what that is there for, I thought it was a throttle when I got on it but it doesn't move, I forgot to ask why it was there! I quite like the look of it tbh quite a modern looking style (or I'm old fashioned) and it didnt seem too heavy to me. I'm not stuck on this one though, it's just I like the other 2 I got from here and am happy with the quality......it's also down to price/budget for me this thing is £649 which is only slightly over my current budget rather that immensely so :) unless anyone can point me in a different direction although I would have to trial it first

newbbike

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2010
Went an bought an Eco Sky yesterday, very happy with it. It could do with being a bit lighter, but for my uses and budget it is fine and it propels me along nicely with minimal effort.

A friend of mine is talking about fitting lights onto it that run from the main battery,but, I don't really want to let him loose on my bike as he is a bit keen on bodging.... Is there a kit out there somewhere to do this for a 36V bike? I will use it a fair bit on hols this summer and would prefer having hard wired lights than separate battery ones

D

Deleted member 4366

Is there a kit out there somewhere to do this for a 36V bike? I will use it a fair bit on hols this summer and would prefer having hard wired lights than separate battery ones
You can get 36v headlights, which are OK. These ones have some rather nice other features:, like horn(I think) and battery indicator lights. If you order one, don't forget to select the correct voltage from the pull-down:
Wuxing QDS95 Led Headlight for EBike - BMSBATTERY
Wuxing QDS90 Led Headlight for EBike - BMSBATTERY
I've never seen a 36v rear light, but the flashing battery ones are not so bad because the batteries last quite a long time.
Another alternative is to find some 12v lights and power it with one of these between your battery and the lights. I have one on my bike for powering my iphone and camera:
LM2596 DC Converter Adjustable Power Module Regulator on eBay (end time 08-Apr-11 16:38:03 BST)

Last edited by a moderator: