Wisper Move saddle rearwards?

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
I have a Wisper 705 with torque pack. I like the step through design but I just can't get comfortable on the saddle. I have adjusted it so it's as far rearwards as possible but still I'm most comfortable if I were seated 10-15cm (4-6") further rearwards. Is there some gizmo that would enable me to move the saddle back further?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
...I'm most comfortable if I were seated 10-15cm (4-6") further rearwards.
That's quite an adjustment; it sounds as if you'd ideally need a larger wheeled/larger framed bike for a better fit.

Reactions: D C

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Have you got the stem adjustment right forward?
Some different handlebars with forward reach might help as well.

As cyclebuddy says, 4-6" is a pretty big adjustment. A couple of inches front and a couple of inches back may be your best option if the bike feels right otherwise.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Radical spinal fusion could gain the patient those vital few inches. ;)

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Layback seatpost ?.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
There are all sorts of seat pins that move the saddle further backwards. You need to get one the right diameter to fit your frame with or without shims. You must measure your one first.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
This sort of thing?

I dont like the type of seatpost which doesnt have a clamp at the top and bolts on like that one.

I have visions of how an apple corer works, and its not the area you want that happening

Wheelie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2022
North Wales
First question; is your seat post bracket the right way round? As others have said that's quite a large adjustment to make. Photos of seat, post and bike would help.

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
Getting an offset up to 50 mm is not too difficult, but beyond that, it is not easy.

I also find that on any bike I've ridden I need to push the saddle back as far as it will go or I get knee pain. I currently have 25 mm offset on mine, but wish I had more - probably a few inches more. I end up getting a very narrow saddle and sitting as far back on it as I can, or I put my feet further forwards on the pedals. The further back I can get, the more power I can put into the stroke and the more comfortable it feels. It also helps getting into a better aero position.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
First question; is your seat post bracket the right way round?
We had a woman come into the bike charity I worked at and she had the stem facing the wrong way.
Not upside down, but turned right around so the stem and bars were behind the headtube.
Tried to tell her but wouldntr listen. Even pointing out the hundred or so bikes all with the stem fitted properly she was adamant it was correct, a matter of preference.