Mtb heavy rider

Gbay

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2016
hi
I am looking for an Mtb style bike for off ridng ,power is important for hill climbing I weight is 20 stones
I currently ride an oxygen Mtb which has been great but I struggle on steep hills,
Can anyone suggest a better alternative
Regards Gbay

Gbay

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2016
Hi
Thanks for your help ,the Woosh Rio Mtb style bike looks interesting ,doe anyone have one of .these
Regards Gbay

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
bike6.jpg Hi Gbay ..I am 20 stone and have converted my old Carrera with a
BBSHD and 52v 17ah battery.
In the lowest gear it climbs like a mountain goat.

bike2.jpg

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi
Thanks for your help ,the Woosh Rio Mtb style bike looks interesting ,doe anyone have one of .these
Regards Gbay
the Rio MTB has only 17A controller, 140mm motor.
the Big Bear has 20A controller, 160mm motor.
The Rio MTB is not enough for your weight.

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Im 17 stone and struggle with my oxygen mtb up steep hills. Luckily i can avoid them easily around here. I would get a crank drive if i needed better hill climbing.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I was going to say, for mountain biking and hill climbing get a crank drive bike. If you did need a stronger rear wheel then putting a stronger rear wheel on a crank drive is far easier than a rear hub powered bike.

I have a hardtail Yamaha PU powered Haibike that also climbs like a goat, and I weigh around 105kg and carry 5kg in rear panniers and charge around off road to work.

I had a mavic rimmed rear wheel built for me that copes with the punishment. I am just approaching 9000 miles and have just entered my fourth year of ownership.

If you really wanted to reduce rear wheel punishment further you might consider a Full Suspension crank drive.

Reactions: EddiePJ