my first ever e-ride today

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all took my vita uno mtb style ebike for a ride today, checked to see gears etc are working ok, steering was a bit vague (then noticed front tyre wrong way round on rim)
tried assist level 1 ok for starting off from stationary, then tried a steep hill ,but got stuck on start off as I could not get enough momentum to get the bike moving, used throttle then level 3 to get peddling and climb hill.

overall I found its not too bad a matter of choosing the correct rear cog when using the 32 front chainring.

so I coasted down hills (no assist) on flat level ground (no assist) it was not as bad as I thought it would be for 46lbs weight. and fat tyres .
did 2 rides 12 miles in total a few hundred yards of level 3 up slopes still 4 reds showing on display.
people have said to me I don't want an ebike, ill get no exercise because I wont be peddling? I found even with assist especially level 1 I was putting in a fair bit of effort on the flat to get anywhere near 15 mph

D

Deleted member 4366

You'll soon figure out how to get the best out of it so that you have the best setting for the circumstances you're in.

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Yes thats the sad experience of most hub owners but cheer up, you got real and bought an ebike!
Not even the very latest hunky hub XT will get you up a proper hill by virtue of the fact that they are always in the wrong gear.
All the best:)

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes thats the sad experience of most hub owners but cheer up, you got real and bought an ebike!
Not even the very latest hunky hub XT will get you up a proper hill by virtue of the fact that they are always in the wrong gear.
All the best:)
Careful, Hech. New technology is creeping past you. We now have a hub-motor that can change gear all by itself and it's no April fool.

Reactions: hech