My new top speed.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
In what way?
As in Grossly Misleading Thread:D
Also, Flecc has failed to take into account our movement through the Universe:p. You're actually doing much nearer 2.7 million mph, so don't worry about how fast you go on your ebike. Mind you, it's that last 30-50mph that you add that is really gonna hurt if it goes wrong:confused:

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
:p. You're actually doing much nearer 2.7 million mph, so don't worry about how fast you go on your ebike. Mind you, it's that last 30-50mph that you add that is really gonna hurt if it goes wrong:confused:
So, my top speed is 2,700,044.7 mph? I best get those brakes adjusted by a professional bike shop first thing in the morning. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc and peerjay56

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I presume you meant Greenwich Mean Time but I'm still none the wiser.
Unless you are getting latitude and longitude mixed up.
Willber G your presumption is correct, I'm aware that you are quite new to this site and you can not be blamed for not knowing that I am a bit on the crazy mad side. Sorry for the confusion.:)

MS.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Willber G your presumption is correct, I'm aware that you are quite new to this site and you can not be blamed for not knowing that I am a bit on the crazy mad side. Sorry for the confusion.:)

MS.
A bit? If MS had a trolley, he would not be on it :D

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
i have noticed that with my heavy converted bike that the extra weight greatly increases the speed going downhill.
i recently got 37mph freewheeling down a hill that would require a fair bit of peddling to achieve 30mph on my non electric road bike.
being new to electric bikes has anyone else found this to be the case?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Also, Flecc has failed to take into account our movement through the Universe:p.
As said, according to the viewpoint of the observer. We can observe from within the universe, but we cannot do so from outside it! :p

D

Deleted member 4366

i have noticed that with my heavy converted bike that the extra weight greatly increases the speed going downhill.
i recently got 37mph freewheeling down a hill that would require a fair bit of peddling to achieve 30mph on my non electric road bike.
being new to electric bikes has anyone else found this to be the case?
Simple physics. The force pulling you down the hill is the component of weight down the hill minus the air resistance. You reach top speed when the two are equal. If you have a heavy bike, the equilibrium happens at a higher speed. Logical, my dear Watson.

Reactions: Arbol

Arbol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2013
A cannonball falls faster than a feather (on Earth; not on the Moon).

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Yes extra weight means higher terminal velocity but 30 to 37 suggests the first bike was inefficient and the second a smooth roller?

Reactions: flecc

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
i suppose it is obvious really that the heavier bike[like the canonball] will descend faster , it,s just that i was surprised at by how much especially as the lighter bike is a far superior one.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
A cannonball falls faster than a feather (on Earth; not on the Moon).
how do you know? we have not been to the moon.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Simple physics. The force pulling you down the hill is the component of weight down the hill minus the air resistance. You reach top speed when the two are equal. If you have a heavy bike, the equilibrium happens at a higher speed. Logical, my dear Watson.
Not the heavy bike, he's putting on a bit of weight since he rides assisted.