My precious (golum wants to make it secure)

Re tyred

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
in my house
Hi
Re security looking around for a decent bike lock, would hope to get a safe and secure gold standard one, seen d locks for around £20 that meet this criteria, looking for suggestions or alternatives, aware these cannot stop theft but a better deterrent than tying it to a post with a piece of string with a sign saying please steal me. Also require suggestions re insurance for bike.

Reactions: Mister-E

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi
Re security looking around for a decent bike lock, would hope to get a safe and secure gold standard one, seen d locks for around £20 that meet this criteria, looking for suggestions or alternatives, aware these cannot stop theft but a better deterrent than tying it to a post with a piece of string with a sign saying please steal me. Also require suggestions re insurance for bike.
I have found a good insurance company will add details tomorrow.
Police told me theives use a car jack to break d-locks quite easily..
I am off shopping tomorrow for a motorcycle security chain and ground Anchor and a baseball bat to have just inside the garage door.
Once bitten more prepared..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I used to use Bradford and bingley home insurance and they paid out straight away when mine got nicked. But the maximum cover is £5000 and my bikes tot up to more than that so I have moved to pro-cycle who insure the most expensive and the rest are free.
http://www.procycleinsurance.co.uk/insurance/

Re tyred

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
in my house
Ty Phil had not thought of adding to home insurance mines is at cheap end of market carrera crossfire but £1000 is still a lot of money to a retired old git like me

Reactions: LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Ty Phil had not thought of adding to home insurance mines is at cheap end of market carrera crossfire but £1000 is still a lot of money to a retired old git like me
The only test of insurance is when you claim and mine was fine. All done and new bike delivered in 2 weeks.
Be sure to question them about an ebike.. they insured mine because it was a legal ebike and didn't have a throttle so couldn't be ridden with the motor alone.
With procycle the price you pay is determined by the value of the bike and you also get personal accident and a few million or so of public liability.

signwave

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2016
Hampshire
Check with your local council.
For example, my local council sells the Abus Sinus Plus - silver rating - D-lock at pennies over £20.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
As daft as it sounds if you caused a bike theif to injure himself whist stealing your bike you could at worst be locked up and at best be sued..
He might when be able to claim that he is now unable to pursue his chosen profesion...

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
*Post may be tongue in cheek and not to be taken as incitement to cause injury. Post is to be taken as non-serious suggestion

Re tyred

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
in my house
*Post may be tongue in cheek and not to be taken as incitement to cause injury. Post is to be taken as non-serious suggestion
darn it db I've just spent a day trying to source the blooming thing;) and Phil you can't get onto him ROFL already followed your suggestion re the baseball bat j/k on a more serious note have you got the wiring diagram for wiring the seat up to the battery(could be patented as the tootle tickler). I know names shocking other suggestions welcomed:p

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Spoon whittlers of the world your mission should you choose to accept it etc etc is to provide the above jobby jabber to the poor beleaguered cyclist thereby enhancing the security of his cycle
I like your wording.. jobby jabber.. it's better than my favourite cycling term of saddle sniffer...

• Agree
Reactions: Re tyred

Re tyred

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
in my house
I like your wording.. jobby jabber.. it's better than my favourite cycling term of saddle sniffer...

Certainly looks like a deterrent which is half the battle hopefully they would lòok elsewhere for an easier target. Decided to rebadge mine as a lada f cycle should also have the desired effect