My Quando has paid for itself. :)

RobNYC

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2008
New York, New York
I have had my Quando for 16.5 months now. I have taken public transit to work only very occasionally during that time... almost always due to inclement weather. I have figured that this month, the savings of not paying for public transit have paid for my bike in entirety.

Instead of a crowded aggravating hot ride on the subway back and forth from work each day, I ride up and down the rather nice Hudson River bikepath here in Manhattan. (I understand it is the most-used bike path in the country.) Even on the hottest days, when I've traveled the few blocks from my apartment or from the hospital where I work to the bike path, I am greeted by fresh, cool river air and it IS indeed a pleasure to get away from the motor vehicle traffic, especially taxi cabs.

I actually LOVE traveling to and from work. The ride lifts my spirits both ways and takes 15 minutes each way as opposed to 30 or 45 minutes on public transit.

And it is STILL just plain FUN to ride my bike.

So I save money, get exercise, save time and get my spirits lifted. My purchase of the bike has REALLY improved the quality of my life and is one of the best investments of my life.

I am very grateful for this forum. I studied the postings here for a while before taking the plunge and buying the bike, which WAS a big expense for me.

And a special "thank you" to Flecc for all the help he has given me and other posters as well. I think he is one of those people who make the planet a better place to be, on a bunch of levels.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Rob, your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

I've worked in other online forums previously, but it's the special nature of this one due to the outstanding quality of it's membership and the pleasant atmosphere they create that makes it so easy for me to give any help I can.

Without all those other members it would just be another one of those forums I'd become disillusioned with and leave.