My Wife's Technium Priviledge

thunderblue

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2009
Manchester
Hi Soph

Hi Soph

I'll pm you with some other info, but basically when you are riding the bike it doesn't seem heavy at all. The main thing is that it is only available in the one frame size. I have an inside leg of 29" and I had to replace the seatpost (you need a short one to fit in the frame) and with this now set at its lowest setting I can just reach the floor with my toes, which is enough. When you are riding it is really good - great view and really good upright style.

Elaine

sopht

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2008
The Panasonic system is different from any hub powered bike and is counter intuative until you get used to it. That is the more effeort you put into pedaling the less assistance you get from the motor and vice versa.
But hopefully, soon, an acquired taste? There's one thing you may be able to help me with - the Technium has a given weight of 21kg, whereas the Agattu has one of 25kg (both with battery)? I do look at these weights with an eye to transportability and cycling without the battery - would you say the wiggle weight was optimistic?

The high range possible from these bikes is because the torque sensor and controller only delivering power when it is really needed thereby not wasting battery power.
ie efficiency. It's very interesting, I'm not an engineer, but understand that the bicycle is extremely efficient. Add an electric motor and there's another layer of potential efficiency. BTW thanks for the post on panasonic doo-da, excellent!

I would recommend that you test ride as many bikes as possible and/or contact members who live close to you and ask if you can have a trial ride.
I'll try, when I get the time (sigh). I'm moving soon from Sth London a bit further out, temporarily, near to where Flecc lives :D I grew up there and intimately know the hills he's talking about! When young I used to head into london on my bike to avoid them at times, again, sometimes stopping before Brixton Hill or Crystal Palace. It would be lovely to retrace these (steps) without the trepidation factor!

all the best, Soph

sopht

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2008
Hi Soph

I'll pm you with some other info,
Elaine
Hi Elaine,

that was quick! You caught me on the hop in that I have no idea how to receive a pm :rolleyes: I'll try to catch up on that one asap.

One thing - I'd like to be able to squeeze it into the back of a small hatchback? Have you tried? Or tried taking front and back wheels off? LOL, I know, it's early days for you with this bike, apologies!

Soph

thunderblue

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2009
Manchester
not sure I'd want to take the front and back wheels off regularly, as it has a front dynamo hub light and the rear shimano hub gear. But more experienced people than me can give you an answer to that. best bet for transportation would be a cycle carrier - but you might need help to get it on ,especially if it is a roof carrier.

To read pm-s - just look at the top rhs of the page near your log in and click on the private messages link.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Elaine,

One thing - I'd like to be able to squeeze it into the back of a small hatchback? Have you tried? Or tried taking front and back wheels off? LOL, I know, it's early days for you with this bike, apologies!

Soph
Hi Soph,

No way will this bike fit in the back of a small hatchback. Removing one or both wheels may help, but the time and effort involved is really not worth it if you wat to do this on a frequent basis. The wheels are not quick release, so it would be a spanner job.

As Elaine says, a rear mounted carrier is the only practical solution. As the bike doesn't have a cross bar, you would need the right type of rear carrier, ideally a towbar mounted one.

J:) hn

sopht

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2008
Hi Elaine and John,

I wouldn't want to do it often - I know from getting my push bike in, it's a pain in the :rolleyes: - but it sounds as if I wouldn't ever really want to do it. Thanks for the tip.

Soph

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Wasn't sure whether to start a new thread, but I'll jump into this if I may, Aldby? I've been lurking here for ages - can't quite bring myself to buy an e bike I don't like, and I can't afford what I would really like - a pro connect or emotion sport etc. i don't have the time to build and buy a kit on the cheap...so...!

Recently, a couple have caught my eye - the Synergie Bliss, and this Technium Privilege (thanks for the heads up) - £300 the difference. In some ways they both look tempting. I have limited real experience, having tried the Torq (loved), Mistral (hated), and the Sparta Ion (affection), so I'd love anybodys' comparison of the two set ups, particularly:

1. weight, posted as 24kg for the Bliss, 21kg Technium - make much difference?
2. battery, 36V 10Ah for the Bliss, 24v 10Ah Technium - this puzzles me, the bigger Bliss one gives a range of 25 - 30 miles, the Technium up to 50? I know these ranges are very ish, but how does this compute?
3. well, crank or hub, I'll have to try myself I think, rather than bore you any more!

cheers, soph
Hiya

Did you actually own a Synergie Mistral? or get a ride on someone elses bike?

Dave

sopht

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2008
Hiya

Did you actually own a Synergie Mistral? or get a ride on someone elses bike?

Dave

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all possible doubt"

Hi Dave,

At the risk of opening my mouth :D ...actually I'm quite glad you asked, it was a throwaway comment about the Mistral, the circumstances probably explaining all. I hired one for a day, which turned out to be pretty miserable as the battery was weak, to say the least, and I ended up pushing the last 5 miles or so. :mad:

cheers, Soph

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Hi Dave,

At the risk of opening my mouth :D ...actually I'm quite glad you asked, it was a throwaway comment about the Mistral, the circumstances probably explaining all. I hired one for a day, which turned out to be pretty miserable as the battery was weak, to say the least, and I ended up pushing the last 5 miles or so. :mad:

cheers, Soph
OK Thanks.

Who was hiring the Synergies out then? In fact I`ve yet to find anyone hiring out e bikes anywhere near me in the South East:(
could be quite lucrative up here near the coast:D

sopht

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2008
OK Thanks.

Who was hiring the Synergies out then? In fact I`ve yet to find anyone hiring out e bikes anywhere near me in the South East:(
could be quite lucrative up here near the coast:D
It was...(looking it up) at the Lythe Hill Hotel in Haslemere, a couple of years ago at least. Can't quickly find a recent ref of who was doing it - I seem to remember it was a local bike shop. The post I did find reminds me of the price per day hire - £39. I think I worked out at the time this would probably be a not bad business if there were enough mad people like me around. Probably more so now, I'd guess, as it gains in public awareness (slooooowly)

cheers, Soph (gad, only popped back for some tools, better get back to work :rolleyes: )

tangent

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2010
But hopefully, soon, an acquired taste? There's one thing you may be able to help me with - the Technium has a given weight of 21kg, whereas the Agattu has one of 25kg (both with battery)? I do look at these weights with an eye to transportability and cycling without the battery - would you say the wiggle weight was optimistic?
Hi Soph, The Technium weighs 25kg with the battery. I weighed mine when it arrived as it seemed to be heavier that I was expecting.

sopht

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2008
Hi Soph, The Technium weighs 25kg with the battery. I weighed mine when it arrived as it seemed to be heavier that I was expecting.
Ah, thank you for that - I kind of expected it, 21kg seems to be more the province of proconnect s and cytronex than a european type step through? Not to get hung up on it, but it's a factor.

Im probably used to looking closely at weights - as a woman working on a building site, the lighter powerful tools are also unfortunately the most expensive. :( But as with my current drill driver, a bit heavier and MUCH cheaper is just as good. :)

many thanks, Soph