Nano-brompton question

john

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2007
Manchester
I have had a tongxin motor running since september/october so most likely around 2000 miles (difficult to work it out as the velo 8 re-set itself). I bought it cheaply as an experiment for the torq. The only fault has been a wiring one but I must admit that my wiring was a bit makeshift, as I wanted to return the torq to standard at some point - which I will do now. Test is over, ran ok but does squeal a bit off the line on full throttle so not recommended. Finish isn't great after 7 months. I will try and take a picture before dismantling.
Harry,
Having had the TongXin and BF motors in the same bike, it would be interesting if you could you give a quick summary of how they compare.
Thanks, John

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
Thanks Leonardo. Essexman, I am a member of AtoB magazine but cant find the issues featuring the nano-brompton. :rolleyes:
have you looked at their online site? Its awesome! All the back issues from 2007 onwards. I think if you were an existing subscriber when the magazine was launched , you had to email A2b and ask for access, otherwise you 'll get it next time your renew your membership.

The best thing about this is that i've started a guerilla campaign of strategically leaving my a2b back issues in certain areas. Next to the pile of bikes on a thames train, on a train seat where another cyclist has been eyeing up the magazine, at the GPs surgery etc.

jean-claude

Just Joined
May 30, 2008
Experience for 2 kits NANO Brompton

In my experience, very well for a few days, then not at all!

Yes, my 2 kits never run more that few km without problem !

And for my wife and me... that's not very fun !
just expensive !!!

jean-claude from Belgium.

for my user's feedback on Nano Brompton write me in private.