Navigational events could be ideal for ebike sporting activity

Growbag

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Commenting on another thread where we touched upon sporting cyclists made me think of sporting or competitive events ebikes would be suitable for and which more leisurely riders would enjoy. One such activity could be a navigational road trial (or basically a treasure trail but on ebikes).

I know many years ago these were very popular amongst car and motorcycle clubs and possibly cycle clubs. A similar activity is held at the Tour de Presteigne which to me proves there is probably scope to develop such events regionally as popularity in ebikes increases.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I've seen a few of those events locally very recently, usually mountain bikes, I've never looked the event up afterwards though, time to investigate, I imagine you'd need a lot of battery power to even consider doing one.

I also wonder if anyone has ever done a cyclosportive Wiggle Shropshire Mynd 2013 again you'd need a lot of battery power.

Last edited:

Growbag

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Some of the mountain bike events would definitely need a great deal of battery power. But some events could be organised to suit local or regional riders, aiming it at more navigation (the treasure trail aspect) rather than more physical and battery draining aspects.
The Salop event certainly looks interesting.