Never worry about the rain again... lmao

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
Definitely saw A Panasonic-powered electric bike at one point.

The bit I liked among the innumerable advantages was that "no insects will die" - if it is going to save the life of insects, I thought, fair enough - but she went on "rectly impact your face" or similar words.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, the e-bike is a Panasonic unit powered BikeTec Flyer model, made in Switzerland.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Here, 299 Euro :p

I have way too much time on my hands today!

Regards

Jerry

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I wear glasses... it starts raining? I put them in my pocket......:confused:

and bugs in the mouth are free protein!

also can imagine what kinda fun that would be with the kinda head wind I experienced today

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
A guy from Ireland had one of these at presteigne last year and I was intrigued I admit. Not sure about the whole shabang in wind but the screen to keep the flies out of my face.....hmmmm. tempting :)

Bikealot

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2010
With the sides down in heavy wind it could become a kite! I'll take my chances with the weather.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I can't make my mind up if this is intended as a joke. Is it? I really don't know.

The shield itself has very real comedy value and the narrator builds on that with, amongst other things, the insect on face comment.

Perhaps the sequel will be a clip of someone riding along a busy high street in a 30 knot cross wind.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
@ 299 euro I think they are serious:p

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
@ 299 euro I think they are serious:p
No, it's definitely a joke then. Hideous looking contraption, stops flys splattering on the face, costs €299. All the elements of a good joke are there.

I must say, they have gone to a lot of trouble making that video just to give us a giggle. A very generous gesture.