New addition to the collection.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Looks sweet Paul, where did you find that little beauty?
Love the two tone saddle, gives it a touch of class :)

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Well done on your new acquisition. Did you get it for a good price ?

Jerry

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
£600 I paid, got some spares as well, it's the US version so no pedal assist but I'm hoping I can get some kind of torque sensor on it.
Paul did you buy two A2Bs for £600 ? So why are you hiding the other one which I can barely make out by the looks of it the seat at far bottom right.o_O

MS.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
It looks pretty but with a flat battery I believe it is a real slug?

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Took all the blooming spoke reflectors off today! so not that thick. Sorted out the crummy brakes and then tried to get all the crappy reflective stickers off it. Maybe another day. Just need to work out how to put pedal assist on it, it's the US version. I'm toying with using one of the chain idlers moving a magnet towards a hall sensor to detect the chain tension then covert it to a throttle signal.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
I'd looked at the type 2 one as its an easy fit, just parallel with the throttle, but not sure how it'll deliver power. The voltage will increase as you pedal faster? Not sure that's the best way.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Worked out how I'm going to do pedal assist, I'm going to use the voltage PAS sensor which looks like it puts out full throttle as soon as pedalling is detected and then have a three speed switch which will (via some voltage dividers) allow me to select levels of assist. Not very stylish but I don't have to change the controller etc and not a lot of junk to install on the handlebars.