NEW BAFANG MOTORS ON eBay £75

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Looks like just the job as a spare for my rusty old Torq motor. Well spotted!

Tolstoy62

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2008
You mention that this motor would be a good replacement for an ezee torq. When I read the description it says for a 26 inch wheel (the torq is 28 inch) and also for a rear hub. Can you please explain ?
Cheers,
Kevin

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
You mention that this motor would be a good replacement for an ezee torq. When I read the description it says for a 26 inch wheel (the torq is 28 inch) and also for a rear hub. Can you please explain ?
Cheers,
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

The motor should slot straight into the existing housing on a Torq front wheel, even if the housing itself is different.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Torq 1 uses the Quando motor which is internally geared for about 16 mph in a 20" wheel with no controller limiting, hence the 22 mph in a 28" wheel on the Torq 1. This 26" wheel version could well be slower in the Torq if it normally runs to 16 mph in 26", so it may only give about 17 mph or so in a 28". That will mean far better hill climbing though.

Also the spindle is much longer so there would be a long protusion on both sides of the fork.

Tolstoy62

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2008
As luck would have the motor on my Torq has died. I took the bike to TETS in London over the weekend and he beleves there are connection problems inside the motor. They do not attempt to make repairs inside the hub. Would the motor mentioned here be a good replacement ?
Cheers,
Kevin

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
See my post just above yours Kevin. It would make it a much slower bike but with better hill climbing, and you'd have to cope with more spindle protusions.

However it's a rear wheel motor so it's much too wide for your forks by about 25 mm, so not suitable.

Cyclepoint can get you a new motor and I think their price is quite reasonable, though not as low as this one.

Last edited: