New bike is here!

Mrs Iffacus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 17, 2016
Donisthorpe
[/URL][/IMG]Finally got the bike after waiting ages for cycle to work scheme to issue voucher. Typically it arrives a day before I go on my 7 week summer break (don't work school hols as look after 6 yr old) I rode it 7 miles to parkrun as a test. Loved it!!! Can't wait to go back to work to try the commute although I shall be having a go several times in the summer too, just because I can.

IMG_1549.JPG

Mrs Iffacus

Jun 17, 2016
Donisthorpe
It sounds like perfect timing to me - unless your caring duties preclude it, you can make friends with your new bike at your leisure and have some fun rather than starting out with "must make" journeys on your commute. Enjoy your summer!
I have had a couple of short trips and hope to do some longer ones in the summer while daughter is at play sessions so it sounds good to me

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Stick a child carrier on the rack, take tiddler with you.

Cycling about with kids can be great fun.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mrs Iffacus

Jun 17, 2016
Donisthorpe
Stick a child carrier on the rack, take tiddler with you.

Cycling about with kids can be great fun.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
She's too big! She an ride her own bike up to about 9 miles now so I might use this one to ride with her.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
She's too big! She an ride her own bike up to about 9 miles now so I might use this one to ride with her.
Ah, sorry. I read 'play sessions' as 'play school', and missed the bit where you actually said she was 6.

It's been a long, hot weekend requiring a great deal of cool liquid refreshment.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I take it you realise the saddle quick release bolt is not in the closed position?

The lever is meant to close around the seat tube, although it looks like the lever might foul the battery case - not a lot of clearance there.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I take it you realise the saddle quick release bolt is not in the closed position?

The lever is meant to close around the seat tube, although it looks like the lever might foul the battery case - not a lot of clearance there.
I just tested it out and sent it back. I wasn't happy with how it felt and, like my dog, I like it best when my grandson is in front of me, in view. Cheers though Rob. :)

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I just tested it out and sent it back. I wasn't happy with how it felt and, like my dog, I like it best when my grandson is in front of me, in view. Cheers though Rob. :)

Poor little speedy leg fella, I can imagine him thinking that never mind when I grow up Im gonna buy me a shiny motor. :rolleyes:

MS.

• :D

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon

I think Robs comment about the saddle QR was aimed at the OP, not you. The first picture shows that the QR is pointing forward.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: RobF and LeighPing

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
[/URL][/IMG]Finally got the bike after waiting ages for cycle to work scheme to issue voucher. Typically it arrives a day before I go on my 7 week summer break (don't work school hols as look after 6 yr old) I rode it 7 miles to parkrun as a test. Loved it!!! Can't wait to go back to work to try the commute although I shall be having a go several times in the summer too, just because I can.

View attachment 14659
Freego has really gone for that beefy look. I like it. I wished mine had looked like that five years ago, my first love.

MS.

Mrs Iffacus

Jun 17, 2016
Donisthorpe

Yes I tried to change it but the battery is in the way. It doesn't look closed but it is locked tight

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Yes I tried to change it but the battery is in the way. It doesn't look closed but it is locked tight
That's far from ideal, while it is only holding up the saddle, the clamp fastened like that is a safety risk you shouldn't have to take.

The supplier should sort it, or you could replace the clamp with one that uses a simple allen bolt fixing - assuming the post is one of the standard sizes.

https://www.evanscycles.com/m-part-thread-saver-seat-clamp-EV173726?esvt=1082-GOUKE310218&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-34158-1&esvcrea=61232733296&esvplace=&esvd=c&esvo=EV173726-318-BLK&esvaid=50080&gclid=CNmPtIv2_80CFVFuGwod7wcHCA

• Agree
Reactions: Mrs Iffacus

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
We had a similar problem with the QR clamp on my wife's Freego Eagle but we were able to move the clamp into a position where it could be closed properly. However it looks like a different one to yours so that might not be possible in which case Rob's solution would be the way to go. Whatever you do make sure you get one which can close properly.

Jim

• Agree
Reactions: Mrs Iffacus