new bike purchase

Big Malky

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2015
Hi Folks,
Looking to commute and occasionally tour. Live in a hiily area and quite big.
The Woosh Bali has caught my eye. Anyone have any experience of this bike?

Cheers,
Malky

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Surprised no one has commented on this yet, I can't specifically help so hopefully someone will soon? Are you able to go and test ride it to see if you like it?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Bali is an all purpose larger Krieger introduced since February this year to suit riders 5ft8 or taller.
There are a few reviews of the Krieger on this forum but none of the Bali yet, due to it being quite new.
Essentially, it's a crank driven bike fitted with a 15AH battery and an 18A controller. Same 50 - 55 mile range as the Krieger, same 8-speed gearing, same LCD, front and rear quick release 650B wheels, front suspension.

Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

Big Malky

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2015
Was going to buy one but not now. Woosh have put their prices up.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

cookie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 17, 2016
they say its because of the lower value of the pound against the dollar, surely they have bikes in stock bought at the previous exchange rate,I have a woosh bike was going to get one for my wife but not now

Reactions: rippedupno1

scobie58

Jun 27, 2016
newcastle
Hi
I brought a bali about a week before they put the price up! Just lucky i guess. Overall its a good bike and a very good hill climber,it goes up a 10% no problem. by the way Im 5` 9`` and 10 stone. I have a hip problem hence the reason I wanted a ebike. Similar to the krieger exept frame size 19inch and tyres 27.5. This makes it a bigger bike. No problems with the electrics as yet. Only two gripes really. 1- battery sleeve on frame could be made more secure
it wobbles a bit. Afraid to overtighten screws lest I damage sleeve. Maybe 3 screws would be better rather than 2. 2- suspension forks. When lifting handle bars, forks make a knocking noise.dont know if this is normal but it is annoying. As I say apart from these gripes a good bike to own and ride

• Informative

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Hi
I brought a bali about a week before they put the price up! Just lucky i guess. Overall its a good bike and a very good hill climber,it goes up a 10% no problem. by the way Im 5` 9`` and 10 stone. I have a hip problem hence the reason I wanted a ebike. Similar to the krieger exept frame size 19inch and tyres 27.5. This makes it a bigger bike. No problems with the electrics as yet. Only two gripes really. 1- battery sleeve on frame could be made more secure
it wobbles a bit. Afraid to overtighten screws lest I damage sleeve. Maybe 3 screws would be better rather than 2. 2- suspension forks. When lifting handle bars, forks make a knocking noise.dont know if this is normal but it is annoying. As I say apart from these gripes a good bike to own and ride
You mean they top out? I think on lower range forks (not sure what your model uses) they use a spring and tend to be a bit strong and allow this to happen...unless you are really heavy :p

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Afraid to overtighten screws lest I damage sleeve.
You can tighten the two M5 bolts. Ask woosh for washers for the M5s if you are worried.

scobie58

Jun 27, 2016
newcastle
You mean they top out? I think on lower range forks (not sure what your model uses) they use a spring and tend to be a bit strong and allow this to happen...unless you are really heavy :p
Yes top out thats what I meant. the forks are Topgun, dont know anything else about them.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
those forks are like 30 quid new get some fox or rock shox 2nd hand off ebay, you want air sus ;)

• Agree