new bike with high torque

emiliaga35

Just Joined
Oct 24, 2016
Glasgow
Hi,

I am looking for new ebike for myself. I currently own one with panasonic motor, but I find it s struggling going up big hills with headwinds, so this will go to my husband .I need new one with tongue about 50nm at least I think.

I like the look of Juicy roller . I didn't find many reviews of this bike.

Maybe here you can help me to choose the best for me.
I have the battery now on my rack and I am planning also to buy weeride co pilot for my son, so I am afraid I won't fit in the bike with battery on rack.
Current bike is quite heavy so the lightest the possible would be perfect.

I would be very greatfull for any advice.
Price about 2200 max.

Thank you

Best regards

emilia

D

Deleted member 4366

The Woosh big Bear LS is a very comfortable bike with plenty of torque, and it's pretty cheap, though relatively heavy. The Wisper Torques live up to their names. They're a bit more expensive than the Woosh, but lighter.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Emilia,

I would suggest the Woosh Santana CD 2018.

It has a Dutch style frame, high torque crank drive motor, 15AH battery, front and rear hydraulic brakes, 9-speed Deore gearset and automatic gear change sensor.

http;//wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana-2018

Its wide gear range and throttle control will make pulling a child trailer very easy while the automatic gear sensor makes riding this crank drive bike as relaxing as a rear hub drive.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi,

I am looking for new ebike for myself. I currently own one with panasonic motor, but I find it s struggling going up big hills with headwinds, so this will go to my husband .I need new one with tongue about 50nm at least I think.

I like the look of Juicy roller . I didn't find many reviews of this bike.

Maybe here you can help me to choose the best for me.
I have the battery now on my rack and I am planning also to buy weeride co pilot for my son, so I am afraid I won't fit in the bike with battery on rack.
Current bike is quite heavy so the lightest the possible would be perfect.

I would be very greatfull for any advice.
Price about 2200 max.

Thank you

Best regards

emilia
Hi Emilia
You can find a review of Roller by Cycling Weekly's Nick Busca at this link.
And a free battery upgrade by using the coupon "Pedelecs" at our website.
Your nearest stockist is M8 Cycles, just south of Glasgow.
Hope this helps.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

row

Pedelecer
Nov 12, 2015
Last edited:

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
yeah, i just got my giant full e +2 for £1999 and love it. still available online from reputable supplier. not sure if you're allowed to name so i wont.
Why not?
If a dealer is carp he gets named so why not name a good one. I’d like to know.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
how do you find your full e? made any changes to it?
Brand new to ebikes, and haven't cycled at all for years. So not going to make significant changes until I understand things better - and have got fitter. But I did change the saddle - as supplied it seemed only there to stop the seatpost being seriously dangerous. :)

Have to say, the comfort is superb - hardly notice the bump when dropping over kerbs.

One change I shall be making - some mudguards. Any suggestions for a simple to fit to this bike and moderately effective product?

Anyone else want one - 'tis JE James of Rotherham. Seems they bought up the entire remaining stock in the country of the 2017 model.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Brand new to ebikes, and haven't cycled at all for years. So not going to make significant changes until I understand things better - and have got fitter. But I did change the saddle - as supplied it seemed only there to stop the seatpost being seriously dangerous. :)

Have to say, the comfort is superb - hardly notice the bump when dropping over kerbs.

One change I shall be making - some mudguards. Any suggestions for a simple to fit to this bike and moderately effective product?

Anyone else want one - 'tis JE James of Rotherham. Seems they bought up the entire remaining stock in the country of the 2017 model.

these are the ones im using, rear one is a mudhugger. front slots into bottom of steerer, got the same one on my rockhopper and worked so well got one for this bike

IMG_20171228_155317.jpg IMG_20171228_155329.jpg

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
what saddle did you choose? at my age i'd kinda like something a little more comfy.
Selle Moderate 60 - more a case of what looked feasible that I could get locally than a properly considered purchase. Had always expected to change it, but the original was worse (for me) than I had expected.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Selle Moderate 60 - more a case of what looked feasible that I could get locally than a properly considered purchase. Had always expected to change it, but the original was worse (for me) than I had expected.
i put a selle respiro soft on my commuter , guess it wouldnt be too bad putting one on this bike

D

Deleted member 4366

yeah, i just got my giant full e +2 for £1999 and love it. still available online from reputable supplier. not sure if you're allowed to name so i wont.
I wouldn't recommend that anybody should get a bike like that from an online seller. You need special equipment to access the software, so you can't fix them yourself when the battery throws up an error code or whatever.

Buying Chinese bikes with standard controllers, batteries and motors is OK because anybody can fix them, but sooner or later, you're going to need some help from a dealer if you buy one of those Giants, and he'll only be able to help if he has the equipment and knowledge for how to use it correctly.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
I wouldn't recommend that anybody should get a bike like that from an online seller. You need special equipment to access the software, so you can't fix them yourself when the battery throws up an error code or whatever.

Buying Chinese bikes with standard controllers, batteries and motors is OK because anybody can fix them, but sooner or later, you're going to need some help from a dealer if you buy one of those Giants, and he'll only be able to help if he has the equipment and knowledge for how to use it correctly.
is it really that much of an issue? ive already been in contact with a local giant dealer and they are more than happy to service it and already been very helpful when ive spoken to them.