New business

neil16377

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2022
Hi guys. Thought I’d post a message on here as I know this forum is quite popular, Also been getting a fair bit of work from recommendations from you guys!
I posted a while back in regards to my ebike kits selling page at COGS Y GOGS!
I’ve recently had to split my business in two from advise taken from my accountant > I still run (cogs y gogs ) and still install motors on top of !normal! bicycle servicing)
But my ebike selling website has changed to www.RedDragonebikes.co.uk
If you guys can spread the word for me that would be Ace

regards and all the best. Neil

Reactions: Bikes4two

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
;)

Reactions: neil16377

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no problem m8 :)

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Since your a UK company, selling I presume to UK customers, would it be possible to flag which of your eBike products are legal to use on UK roads ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he sells kits not bikes so that would be up to the buyer and then there choice, not like no one on here has one lol :p

neil16377

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2022
he sells kits not bikes so that would be up to the buyer and then there choice, not like no one on here has one lol :p
Didn’t want to say but yeah all my motors that are listed would have a warning added that they are for private land use if over 250w

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my bike is ten years old this year i have never ridden it without a dongle and it has never been a problem :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

they will fit kits to bikes but not sure about what he sets them at imo stock settings, he has been doing it for years ;)

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Didn’t want to say but yeah all my motors that are listed would have a warning added that they are for private land use if over 250w
A quick look there is a note quite low down on the page
that says
UK Legal Status
The Bafang BBS02B is not for on road use.

I think it would be good if that was in a more prominent position, and also stated that it is not for use in public places off road either: eg on bridleways, cycle tracks etc.

~~~
I've not used your service, but I noticed that you had a very satisfied customer (for your road legal kit) on the Cycling UK forum.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
please Note…….. that changing Too many parameters at one time can destroy your controller and will Void any warranty…

:p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can buy electric scooters in currys no signs on any of it, they dont care same as Halfords and all the others lol

dont forget the biggest haibike dealer in this country sells and fits dongles and honors the warranty when no one else can even gen 4 smart motors.

i did ask them if they could get me a 3rd party batt from Germany from ebike vision and said no because bosch does not make them, yeah like those dongles you fit, twats :p