New ebike magazine coming out on 23rd September

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Wander. Second issue still inclined to focus on concepts and oddball machines, needed to look at the ads to find more normal e-bikes. The "Top Gear" syndrome I suppose, using the exotic to attract attention and interest.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Well, I yawned my way through most of it. They didn't really have anything new. It was OK to read for nothing, but I can't see why anyone would want to pay £3 a copy (or more) for stuff that you can find on the internet for nothing. The reviews don't really tell you any of the details that allow you to make clear decision points about whether to buy. What was the point of telling us that the Audi weighs 11Kg without the electrical stuff without mentioning what the total is? It's like saying, "my bike only weighs 50g if you don't include everything attached to the wheel spindle". Why didn't they mention more relevant stuff like how big/heavy the battery is or how long it will last when drawing the maximum 2.3 kw?

And comments from the Raleigh bloke make me feel sick. He says that if you don't spend £2000 to £3000, your bike will break down after a short time, except that their bikes from £1000 are OK.

Why was there an article about Presteigne to get all the juices going when the event doesn't exist anymore?

I can virtually guarantee that there'll be a review of a Storck bike within the next couple of issues. We haven't heard from them for a while. Are they still going?

I think I'm becoming a grumpy old man, but I wish them luck.
Hi d8veh, tell you what you are right about Storck ebikes, maybe they are keeping a low profile.
Someone on here should be able to answer your question of their whereabouts.
Storck owners anyone??

MS

No1foxy

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2013
South Leicestershire
Hi,
I took out a subscription at the show, as it was a package with Cycling World. But neither magazine has arrived and now cycling worlds phone number is not working, even the fax line just rings out. I have spoken to them in the last 2 weeks but just got a lame excuse that the editor was in the states, anybody heard if there is a problem with them?

Phil

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Not that I am aware. We advertise with them. No problems listed on companies house, perhaps they are just a bit slow at sending information out?

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I have tried contacting them from the e mail link on their website, I will update if I get an answer
Phil
Try Colin Woolley - colin@cyclingworldmag.co.uk (not correct person but should hopefully be able to direct you to correct individual).

Hope this helps.
DW

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I bought the hardcopy mag in WHS, as it was bundled with Cycling World & found the latter a far better read than the eBike mag. It's far too generalised & lacking in the meaty stuff - Struck me that it's written by people who don't know much at all about eBikes.

John F

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2013
Well, I yawned my way through most of it. They didn't really have anything new. It was OK to read for nothing, but I can't see why anyone would want to pay £3 a copy (or more) for stuff that you can find on the internet for nothing. The reviews don't really tell you any of the details that allow you to make clear decision points about whether to buy. What was the point of telling us that the Audi weighs 11Kg without the electrical stuff without mentioning what the total is? It's like saying, "my bike only weighs 50g if you don't include everything attached to the wheel spindle". Why didn't they mention more relevant stuff like how big/heavy the battery is or how long it will last when drawing the maximum 2.3 kw?

And comments from the Raleigh bloke make me feel sick. He says that if you don't spend £2000 to £3000, your bike will break down after a short time, except that their bikes from £1000 are OK.

Why was there an article about Presteigne to get all the juices going when the event doesn't exist anymore?

I can virtually guarantee that there'll be a review of a Storck bike within the next couple of issues. We haven't heard from them for a while. Are they still going?

I went for a test ride on a Raleigh, and a few other makes when I was trying to decide what to buy. The Raleigh motor didn't sound too good to my then inexperienced ears. After a few hundred metres there was a loud bang and the motor failed. So much for Raleigh reliability then!

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I bought the hardcopy mag in WHS, as it was bundled with Cycling World & found the latter a far better read than the eBike mag. It's far too generalised & lacking in the meaty stuff - Struck me that it's written by people who don't know much at all about eBikes.
Do't know about ebikes? They speak well about the motor on the Birdy, but I am sure it is purely manually powered. I fancy having one.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Yes I saw the Birdy article online (I still haven't received a hard copy - more production problems apparently) and was bemused. I was really interested in the electrified Birdy but when I spoke to the R&M guys at the NEC show they indicated trials had not gone well and they had given up on the project. Unsurprisingly the pictures showed a very well hidden motor and battery!

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Well spotted d8veh, I missed that on their web page. It wont let you go for one though, seems it's cancelled. Shame.:(

OldPedaller

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2011

'Grumpy Old Man' - you, Dave? Shurely shum mishtake. :)