New Ebike scooter On Ebay

themutiny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2009
Not sure about the bike, but the grammar!

'IF COURT RIDING'

not the only example, but enough for me..

benjy_a

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2009
Doesn't look legal...not without the pedals fitted that the advert mentions...also I bet it can be used on throttle alone.

What a pointless thing anyway, may as well get a proper electric moped and pay the (cheap) insurance and go 30mph.

I really can't stand the number of grammatical errors in the advert either, perhaps I'm just too fussy!

Ben

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Similar to the moped style e-bike that member Synthman has and prefers.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
You will get a refund within 7 days if you dont use it...minus the delivery charge of £50 which incidentally you have to pay for!lol Classic drival...sad thing is there are mugs out there that will believe anything, aren't there Frank

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
That bike is quite ugly I think. I do like the digital dashboard on it though. And the "High Rider" sticker! :cool:

I thought they can be ridden from the age of 14 and not 16 as stated there?

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes it is 14 years with the pedals fitted, they are probably getting mixed up with the 30 mph moped class which does have the 16 years lower age limit.

smudger1956

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2012
West London
Good grief....Are those pedals actually attached to anything..? If you rode that round my neck of the woods under the guise of a 'Pedelec' it would certainly attract the attention of the local authorities.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They aren't always, some like the model Synthman rides are certainly possible to pedal. Although specified as 250 watts, they often do have quite high outputs of up to 700 watts, but so do some regular legal e-bikes.

smudger1956

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2012
West London
Putting it another way, it is classed as a Pedelec, but has the appearance of a moped, to the layman it is a moped, to a layman Police Officer (no disrespect here) it looks like a moped ( unless there has been a brief of ‘ if you see what appears to be a moped with no number plates, rider is not wearing a crash helmet, it could possibly be a pedelec that looks like a moped’)
My concern is this ‘interpretation’ of the ‘regulations’ may bring unnecessary scrutiny to EPAC.