New gtec bike owner

Suel

Just Joined
Aug 14, 2016
Somerset
Hi
I have just received my new gtec electric bike
Wow it is amazing I have not rode a bike for 30 years and then only managed 3-5 miles. I am now doing 20 miles at a time.
Makes hills so manageable and I still feel I'm getting exercise.
Would recommend this to anybody thinking about it. I am actually enjoying going on a bike ride now and so easy to charge too

Suseka

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2016
Norfolk
Good to see the interest in Gtech's is growing and reviews are certainly helpful to people considering whether they would like to purchase one.

I had considered it myself, in fact it was the Gtech advert that drew my attention to the world of e-bikes.

Enjoy your new found 'e-bike' freedom :)

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Good to see the interest in Gtech's is growing and reviews are certainly helpful to people considering whether they would like to purchase one.

I had considered it myself, in fact it was the Gtech advert that drew my attention to the world of e-bikes.

There's so much interest that I've put a link to the forum on this youtube video. :)

Andy D

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 30, 2016
Berkshire
I really like the look of the GTech Sport and Freego Raptor (though that seems extinct-anyone know the story?)

Both have that 'clean' look, and the low weight appeals.

Lack of gears a bit of a worry.....Need to testride one soon I think

Andy

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
It will be interesting to see some long term reviews of the Gtech bikes. I have just looked them up they are so light(for an E-bike!) mind you they have no rear racks etc.
They certainly seem to be getting a lot of people into E-bikes.

• Agree

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent

Your bike is a very nice colour Suseka.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
It will be interesting to see some long term reviews of the Gtech bikes. I have just looked them up they are so light(for an E-bike!) mind you they have no rear racks etc.
They certainly seem to be getting a lot of people into E-bikes.
That's why I 'pumped it' up and down in the video. To show how light it was. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suseka

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I really like the look of the GTech Sport and Freego Raptor (though that seems extinct-anyone know the story?)

Both have that 'clean' look, and the low weight appeals.

Lack of gears a bit of a worry.....Need to testride one soon I think

Andy
Hi Andy

I was involved with developing the Raptor during my short time with FreeGo. It rode really well being only 14kg. The huge error I made was not putting gears on the bike. The bike carries a tiny light weight 180W motor, unless you live in a very flat area, a good range of gears is absolutely essential. I am pretty certain that's why the Raptor didn't sell and the reason Gtech are knocking their stock out for £999 instead of the original £1,599. I believe the GTech will come back but if it does it will lose the gates belt and find some gears.

All the best, David

Andy D

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 30, 2016
Berkshire
Hi Andy

I was involved with developing the Raptor during my short time with FreeGo. It rode really well being only 14kg. The huge error I made was not putting gears on the bike. The bike carries a tiny light weight 180W motor, unless you live in a very flat area, a good range of gears is absolutely essential. I am pretty certain that's why the Raptor didn't sell and the reason Gtech are knocking their stock out for £999 instead of the original £1,599. I believe the GTech will come back but if it does it will lose the gates belt and find some gears.

All the best, David
Hi David, very interesting. Thank you.

As I said I had Reptor and GTech on my list - mainly for the Very clean styling and weight. But lack of gears was a slight worry.

Discovered the Greenedge CS2 only today...so another option for >£1K

Need to make my decision soon as 'hopefully' moving around 3-4miles from work as opposed to current literal 2min walk LOL

Andy

• Informative

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Andy,I had a customer last week who bought a Kudos Stealth. He bought 2 G-tech bikes....one for himself and one for his wife,his wife kept hers but the guy sent his back....I chatted with them the lady was happy with the simplicity of the G-tech but didn't intend much distance,she also said that she didn't intend to climb hills,her husband found the lack of gears a big problem on hills,hence his decision to send it back.
He thought the Stealth with its gears,big chainring and 11 Ah battery answered all his criticisms of the G-tech.
He was very weight conscious and asked us to remove the mudguards.
KudosDave

toulky

Just Joined
Jul 12, 2016
cornwall
We found the same problem with GTECH in that no gears means you have to use the motor all the time. A word of warning about this company that offer 14 free trial. You are required to pay the full amount upfront £995.00 however we are still waiting the refund since returning the bike on 24th August 2016.
Have sent 3 emails so far replies apologies from them but no money back as yet.:mad:

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
Maybe ringing them up would be a good option, or chargeback if you used your credit card?.

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
I have seen the tech. It looks like a nice bike, but It also seems to make quite a noise. My 806 on the other hand is absolutely silent.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Clara, we have ten years more experience in the market to GTech so understand a little more about Ebikes.

I am sure the GTech bikes will get better in the next generation if there is one.

All the best, David

Reactions: Clara