New Halfords Carrera Vengence E Bike £800

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I have been measuring the fork angle of the Rio and the Carrera with a protractor, both are the same 70 degrees

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
It's 8.8ah, which is disappointing. Probably enough for my commute though. Exactly. The same casing as the suntour batteries.
Phylion do their standard SF-06 in 8.8Ah, 11.6Ah and 14Ah (http://phylion.com/index.php?g=portal&m=list&a=index&id=12). It depends how many of the 6 available connection slots are connected, dependant on the BMS board fitted. The Suntour Phylion SF-06 battery (eg Crossfire) has them all connected, whereas the standard Phylion SF-06 (as Greenway) only has the outer two pins connected (+/- supply).

It may be possible to source a spare/bigger capacity Phylion SF-06 battery off Alibaba/AliExpress if it's the standard 2-pin +/- only configuration being used on the simpler Vengence - if capacity is a concern.

Last edited:

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
It's 8.8ah, which is disappointing. Probably enough for my commute though. Exactly. The same casing as the suntour batteries.
Thanks for checking. 25% less capacity than the Vulcan /Crossfire, yes, disappointing. OK, if it gets you to work and back then that's fine, trouble is once you get an ebike, the temptation is to ride it at any opportunity, including weekend tour rides, where you'd like the extra capacity. Taken a bit of the shine of it, and doesn't look so much as a deal now, considering the other cost cutting on other components compared to the Vulcan and Crossfire

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Thanks for checking. 25% less capacity than the Vulcan /Crossfire, yes, disappointing. OK, if it gets you to work and back then that's fine, trouble is once you get an ebike, the temptation is to ride it at any opportunity, including weekend tour rides, where you'd like the extra capacity. Taken a bit of the shine of it, and doesn't look so much as a deal now, considering the other cost cutting on other components compared to the Vulcan and Crossfire
Agreed, but the motor cutting out issue rules those two out for me. Unless they fix it...