New lass here from Shetland saying Hi!

Shetland Wife

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
Hi everyone just thought I better introduce myself. I have already posted in the "which ebike" forum but thought I best say hello here also and say a bit more about myself. I live in the Shetland Islands and have been housebound for a few years due to ill health. But as I get better I want my freedom back. As I don't drive I thought an ebike would be the perfect thing, as I am not as fit as I used to be.

I am 34 years old and a married mother of 5 and have a huge love for vintage, antiques and arts and crafts as well as crocheting. We live right by a beach which I can see out my back window. I also am a Chihuahua owner and hobby breeder with 5 Chihuahuas of our own and one Chorkie, yup 6 dogs in total! But I always say they are so small if you put them all together they would equal one big dog.

Anyway I really am looking forward to getting an electric bike and being able to enjoy some freedom, go to the local shop, even visit friends locally not to mention get out with the kids. So thanks for letting me be part of this forum. All the best from the Shetland Islands.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Shetland Wife, I hope it won't be too long before you get an e-bike and start enjoying the freedom it can give.

I'm already visuallising you cycling along with a host of miniature dogs running alongside, could be fun! :D

Shetland Wife

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
Thank you for the welcome and yeah it would be great to take the dogs with on bike rides they already have a big back pack they go in so maybe a basket ie "The Wicked Witch" Wizard of Oz style would be the next step up ;) lol. Just been looking at more bikes and it is sooooo overwhelming to find what would be the perfect fit for me. But will hopefully find my dream ebike. The shame is I won't be able to test drive any so it makes it a bit more daunting.

Reactions: MCX and timidtom

MCX

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 13, 2015
Fingers crossed it all works out! My Dog loves it when I start getting the bike ready...I am sure yours will too!