New member, currently clueless, thinking of a conversion

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: Javiatrix

not dave

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2020
Unfortunately the BBSHD is out of my price range...

Going back to the batteries, can a rack battery be customised to mount on the downtube? While the rack battery would be fine for the Whyte (its basically a commuter with a pannier rack already fitted), i f i wanted to fit a kit to my hardtail mountain bike, a rack would look out of place and i imagine the handling would be poorer with the battery up high. Given the Whyte is a commuter bike the handling is of less concern to me.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I don't think you'd want to customise the battery, more make a racklike mounting for it on the downtube. It might be uncomfortably wide. You could probably do a lashup with string and rope just to see how it would feel.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A new member has fitted a rack battery inadvertently thinking it was also a downtube one as well, they are rather wide generally to do so.

not dave

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2020
A new member has fitted a rack battery inadvertently thinking it was also a downtube one as well, they are rather wide generally to do so.
Hmm, i hadn't considered that they would be wider, just that the fittings may be different...

I have just called Woosh and they have informed me that they dont have the rack kit available either (they have everything except the rack itself..)

What are the other reputable dealers that the forum recommends, preferably UK based

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have just called Woosh and they have informed me that they dont have the rack kit available either
I am really sorry, the new shipment arrives beginning of July.