New member wanting to get a cargo on a budget

Tess

Just Joined
Oct 6, 2017
Nottingham
Sometimes for two dogs (65kg combined weight) and a mother (7 stone) other times.
I live in a very hilly area and am looking for a build that won't tip my precious 'cargo' over.

I've looked at the Christiania / Babboe / Velo Electrique (Boxer) / Nihola / Winther Cargoo and have read different opinions -- particularly over the Babboe.

As I am on a budget, I've also looked at Chinese manufacturers' sites and have also read varying reviews on the sometime unreliability of 'Chinese build'. The 'same looking' bikes are under half the price -- and the Babboe description closely compares to that on a Chinese manufacaturer's site, eg, 9 layers of birch veneer.

So, if anyone has any experience of importing a cargo -- please get in touch!
And if anyone has any anti-tipping advice for components -- eg, I've read that disc hydraulic brakes might be better for hills?

looking forward to happy cargoing .......

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Sometimes for two dogs (65kg combined weight) and a mother (7 stone) other times.
I live in a very hilly area and am looking for a build that won't tip my precious 'cargo' over.

I've looked at the Christiania / Babboe / Velo Electrique (Boxer) / Nihola / Winther Cargoo and have read different opinions -- particularly over the Babboe.

As I am on a budget, I've also looked at Chinese manufacturers' sites and have also read varying reviews on the sometime unreliability of 'Chinese build'. The 'same looking' bikes are under half the price -- and the Babboe description closely compares to that on a Chinese manufacaturer's site, eg, 9 layers of birch veneer.

So, if anyone has any experience of importing a cargo -- please get in touch!
And if anyone has any anti-tipping advice for components -- eg, I've read that disc hydraulic brakes might be better for hills?

looking forward to happy cargoing .......
https://argobikes.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1616617044/the-lift-cargo-bike

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
That's very interesting. Coupled with a rear hub conversion would make a very versatile bike. Wonder if it would work with a suspension fork?

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
That's very interesting. Coupled with a rear hub conversion would make a very versatile bike. Wonder if it would work with a suspension fork?
My engineering knowledge suggests it would

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Not without modification, the steering linkage is in the top of the fork on the left (bolted through).