Wighty63

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2016
Isle of Wight
Hi all, I am new to forums as well as e-bikes. I hired a Cube reaction last weekend and I bought a new bike on Monday which I will pick up this week. The thrill of riding an e-bike is something you have to experience.

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
It does fell good doesn't it. My Wisper bike is arriving tomorrow. I feel like a kid at Christmas. I haven't been this excited by a bike since I had a Raleigh Denim aged 7!!!
Just going to buy some panniers.

Wighty63

May 10, 2016
Isle of Wight
Hi Yaffa, Sorry for the delay in replying. I will be picking up my Cube Elite Hybrid in about 2 hours. I can't wait to take it out this evening. I mainly ride for fitness and living on the Isle of Wight we have lots of nice routes to choose from.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Welcome to the world of ebikes.:cool:

Don't forget to tell us what you think of your new cube.:)

Wighty63

May 10, 2016
Isle of Wight
Slight problem with the new bike. The wrong model was supplied. I had ordered the 2016 model and last years model arrived. Different motor and smaller battery. Not sure what went wrong but I'm sure they will sort it soon. I was hoping to take it to the MS Trust day at Goodwood race circuit on Sunday. Looks like the road bike will have 1 more outing at least.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
That's bad news have you been in contact with the seller yet.????

Wighty63

May 10, 2016
Isle of Wight
That's bad news have you been in contact with the seller yet.????
Hi Dinger19, Thank you for your concern. I have been back to the bike shop they are going to come back to me today to give me an update. I fear it could be a long delay as these bikes are in short supply. I was also looking at the Haibikes but I preferred the Cube. I repair lots of German equipment and like the way they engineer things. I just feel I can't go back to the road bike.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
They should allow you to use the bike they sent if the delay is going to be long as it was there error not yours and like you I like Cube and there ebike range,but there are no dealers that sell them around my neck of the woods.

Wighty63

May 10, 2016
Isle of Wight
They should allow you to use the bike they sent if the delay is going to be long as it was there error not yours and like you I like Cube and there ebike range,but there are no dealers that sell them around my neck of the woods.
Thanks for the advice. I think it is quite difficult for the shop to loan a bike for an indeterminate amount of time. We all make mistakes and I don't know what went wrong. I suspect the 2015 model was named very closely to the 2016 model so a genuine mistake has been made. The 2015 model has a 400w battery and not the CX motor. Cost was not the issue and I would like the newer model if possible. Failing that I will look more closely at the Haibike. The one thing I am sure of is, I really want an e-bike.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Thanks for the advice. I think it is quite difficult for the shop to loan a bike for an indeterminate amount of time. We all make mistakes and I don't know what went wrong. I suspect the 2015 model was named very closely to the 2016 model so a genuine mistake has been made. The 2015 model has a 400w battery and not the CX motor. Cost was not the issue and I would like the newer model if possible. Failing that I will look more closely at the Haibike. The one thing I am sure of is, I really want an e-bike.
Sorry I thought it would only be a couple of weeks,but if its indeterminate then yer I can understand that also don't forget to have a look at KTM as they seem good quality bikes just ask EddiePJ on this forum.

Wighty63

May 10, 2016
Isle of Wight
The KTM looks very well spec'd. I would like to buy local if I can, for service and to support a local business. I will be seeing them at the bike shop when I pick up a trial bike for my wife tomorrow. So with a bit of luck I might have a clearer picture then.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Hope your wife enjoys her bike.:)

Wighty63

May 10, 2016
Isle of Wight
It does fell good doesn't it. My Wisper bike is arriving tomorrow. I feel like a kid at Christmas. I haven't been this excited by a bike since I had a Raleigh Denim aged 7!!!
Just going to buy some panniers.
Hi Yaffa did your bike arrive safely.

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
Hi Yaffa did your bike arrive safely.
Hi Wighty,
Sorry to hear you had problems with your bike order hope it will be sorted soon.
Mine arrived on Thursday with no problems.
I haven't been able to try it out properly as I put my back on on Sunday, Only managed to get to the end of the road & round the park & back!
Hopefully will get on it next week.