Elaine Leeds

Just Joined
Jun 4, 2017
Leeds
I am looking to buy my first new electric bike. I'm 5'4 and had polio in left leg so need to be able to touch ground easily, a step through is therefore essiental. Had a try on Juicy classic today, felt a bit unsteady as power there soon as I touched peddles, not ridden a bike for a while though. Online I like the look of the juicy roller and the volt Kensington, any advice would be welcome :)

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Elaine,

I think the Woosh Petite would suit your needs.
It is fitted with 24" wheels and therefore a little smaller than the average steep through bike and should fit your height very well.
The Petite has both pedal assist and throttle, in case you find pedaling difficult. It can take you up even steep hills on throttle alone. It's very controllable, gentle and yet powerful.
The Petite is fitted with a 36V 13AH or 36V 15AH battery for longer range.
Price including delivery: £879 with 13AH battery.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?petite

• Useful

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I am looking to buy my first new electric bike. I'm 5'4 and had polio in left leg so need to be able to touch ground easily, a step through is therefore essiental. Had a try on Juicy classic today, felt a bit unsteady as power there soon as I touched peddles, not ridden a bike for a while though. Online I like the look of the juicy roller and the volt Kensington, any advice would be welcome :)
Hi Elaine
In general the bigger the wheel size the better the ride. You will feel more stable on a larger wheel and travel further for the same input, as larger wheels have less rolling resistance.

If you live in Leeds then we have a local stockist who can order in a Poco. But it sounds like you fit our Classic (Poco is a little shorter than the Classic).

The latest bikes have a smooth start and throttle which can be de-limited from the legal 4mph setting, which can suit some riders.

Roller is the same frame height as the Classic, but comes with a suspension seat post which adds a little to the saddle height. You can choose to change that of course.
Roller has larger wheels (700c) and a very responsive torque sensor, making for a particularly sensitive ride that is almost completely silent and powerful.

Again the local stockist can order one in for you to try.

It's essential to try before you buy, but we give 14 days for you to change your mind anyway. Simply re-package and return the bike (a bit of a phaff I realise), or simply take back to the local supplier.
Roller weighs 19kg with the standard battery.

Can't comment on the Kensington except that the bikes centre of gravity would be higher on any bike with a rack mounted battery. Look for a low slung battery if you can.

• Useful