New Motor Q140

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

A guy on Endless Sphere (Chas58) has spotted this new Q100 motor with a cassette spline. It'll be great for 20" wheels, but hopefully there's a slower version one as well for 26" wheels. If only they'd make a 250rpm one! Or maybe I'll try another two wheel drive.
250W M140-R CST

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Have you bought anything from them before d8ve? i tried emailing them but never had a response so i'm a bit reluctant to order. Maybe i'll try again.

D

Deleted member 4366

Have you bought anything from them before d8ve? i tried emailing them but never had a response so i'm a bit reluctant to order. Maybe i'll try again.
I don't think I have. Hopefully they'll be available from the other suppliers soon. I'm off to China on Friday, so maybe I'll bring one back unless there's something better there.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Ooh, I can feel a dual motor build coming on - team it up with my Q100 at the front.

D

Deleted member 4366

That's what I was thinking. Saneagle's got a high speed Q100 on the back and a low speed Bafang on the front on his old bike. It gives a nice blend of torque, speed and efficiency, but the speed only comes from the one motor, so you only get the speed in favourable conditions.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
I'm off to China on Friday
:cool: ... bring a few back and you can probably cover the cost of the air fare in saved DHL shipping charges !

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Yeah, that's the cassette version of the BPM that's been out for a while and heavier.