New motor required Yamaha

Jayfdee

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2018
I recently bought an Haibike full seven with the Yamaha system, and yes it looks good and performs magnificently and is very reliable, and I love it.

I already have an Hard tail Giant Bafang conversion.
The Yamaha motor was definitely noisy at certain times, and way more noisy than the Bafang, which is totally silent, so at the first free service I mentioned this.

As a side note, the Corona virus shut down hit whilst my bike was in for service, and the Bike shop shut down, yes I know they are exempt, but I phoned them, and they met me at the shop and I got my bike back, so hats off to "On Yer Bike".
They agreed the motor was noisy, and it needs replacing, but I will wait until life returns to normal.
The noise was noticeable around 12-13 mph in High gear as the motor switched from power to no power, like a drive train switching from load to no load, and slack in the bearings etc.
Bafang make way more motors than Yamaha, but Yamaha is well known and should really be better. Maybe I just got a "Dud".
Despite all the above, I am very pleased, the bike is superb, and I am sure the bike shop will look after me.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
does it have any warranty left?

Jayfdee

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2018
does it have any warranty left?
Yes, I only just bought it , only 300 miles, 2 year warranty.
I fear many small operators will go out of business, but I am sure the main company will still support warranty claims.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will have to be sent back to Yamaha then for a replacement as you void the warranty if you open them.