New one

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi all goodly peeps just came across this name in a cycle forum =Spencer Ivy Spencer electric bike anybody heard of it ? it's a new one on me ..! :confused:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I believe that these bikes are Kalkhoff / Raleigh / Technium jobbies.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, the same models as Kalkhoff, produced by Derby Cycles gmbh in Germany and marketed under several names. They are Panasonic unit powered.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I like the black frames. It gives them quite a stylish retro look which is quite appealing.

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Shame they haven't sourced black battery cases to go with it, otherwise the best looking Panasonic powered bike I've seen so far.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Shame they haven't sourced black battery cases to go with it, otherwise the best Panasonic powered bike I've seen so far.
Yes that's strange, since these cases are available in black, BH use them on their e-motion models and Gazelle fitted them at one time in their Easy Glider model. Probably Derby Cycles wanting to keep their stock simple.

There's a possible way round it though, Onbike might agree to swap the battery for a small token fee at first purchase since they have e-motion models with the opposite problem (black in silver) like this Avant.

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
Hi all goodly peeps just came across this name in a cycle forum =Spencer Ivy Spencer electric bike anybody heard of it ? it's a new one on me ..! :confused:
I just stumbled on this review it may help you if you are looking to buy one of these machine. A very good review interms of it content.....

Review: Spencer Ivy Spencer electric bike | road.cc | The website for pedal powered people: Road cycling, commuting, leisure cycling and racing. Voted the UK's number 1 cycling website at the 2010 BikeBiz awards.