New owner of old powabike

Swinswin25

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 1, 2011
Leicester
Hi I just got a powabike and would love some help as a newbee to e,bikes I use an iPod touch but can't upload pics from it so they will follow when next on comp. The bike has asid batts old type but the round charge plug not the kettle one only there is no lights on throttle just a long red one to show charge. The thing is the start key has 2 positions why?. So if any one has a user manual for this bike please may I get a copy. I have the one from the web with the lights on the throttle but the bike is older than that. Many thanks hope to help as much as I can when I can from Paul

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi Paul,

Welcome to Pedelecs forum.

The oldest Powabike I remember was the three speed Mk1 with rear hub motor, this was followed by the six speed (?) Mk2 with the motor in the front wheel. The two positions on the keyswitch are one for pedelec ( motor assists automatically when you start pedalling ), position two activates the throttle for riding without pedalling. I may have the switch positions round the wrong way, so you may have to experiment a bit to see which is correct.

Have fun with your bike Paul,
All the best
Bob

Swinswin25

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 1, 2011
Leicester
Thanks bob I'll try that. My motor in front wheele I'm taking it out for the first time sat as I spent all day thurs cleaning it sadly I found a small crack in the front wheele so it needs a new rim. A local shop said 25 for fitting and 23 for rim if spokes are ok so will see next week.
Cheers