New Sanyo batteries for Ezee bikes.......

Well folks....... my new Sanyo battery for the Forza arrived this afternoon, I haven't "roadtested" it yet as it's not fully charged but will report back after about 10 charges / discharges to let you know how it performs compared with the phylion ones.

Physically it's the same size but a LOT lighter than the Phylion, according to Wai Won it's 1.2 kgs lighter than the current Phylion and performs better too..... can't wait to road test it!

Nice touch..... also got a complimentary Phylion battery in the package too so should have enough juice to keep me mobile for quite some time..... was quite shocked to see they were both "silver" but actually look pretty cool on the black Forza offering a much needed contrast from all that "black" :)

Replacement control unit was also included in the package so will fit that at the weekend..... had a quick peek under the bonnet and the wormanship is pretty top notch, not exactly IP rated when it comes to waterproofing but a few strategically placed strips of bitumen (this gear) does the trick nicely....

It'll be interesting to have a look at the control unit I strip off the bike and see if it can be modded in any way shape or form ;)......... great fun these bikes ain't they? ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Good to hear Pink Floyd.

By the way, the normal full charge/discharge to get full capacity on Li-ion is only 2 to 4, not 10. Two is usually enough.

They did settle on silver only for replacement batteries a little while ago, since it proved impossible to keep fresh batteries in stock for the various bike colours they used to market, silver, black, red and blue I think at one time.

It's possible to swap the works into the old case of course, though there might be a slight difference with the Sanyo version.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Are these the official replacements for the Ezee battery or are these a sideline to the ezee batteries that ezee have OK'ed Pinkfloyd?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
These are the official replacements.

Pink Floyd and I have posted on this new battery before and they will be the ones that the new distributor wil have in due course.