New to e bikes

Papparay

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2016
Oldham
Hi, I've just bought a second hand Greenedge E bike and I'm completely new to electric cycling. At the age of 70 I've decided I needed a bit of assistance with the hills around my home town of Oldham.
Once I sort out the puncture which came with my newly aquired e-bike, I'll probably be back to the forum with a list of technical questions as one thing missing is the user manual for my bike.

Reactions: mw1 and LeighPing

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Hello, welcome!

At least you'll have easy access to tubular bandages should you need them ;) (is the sign still there?)

Punctures can be a bit more common on an ebike (because of the extra weight, I believe). Most people here swear by the Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres as the best puncture protection you can get. I have them on my wish list!

Have fun with your new toy!

Papparay

Oct 21, 2016
Oldham
Hello, welcome!

At least you'll have easy access to tubular bandages should you need them ;) (is the sign still there?)

Punctures can be a bit more common on an ebike (because of the extra weight, I believe). Most people here swear by the Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres as the best puncture protection you can get. I have them on my wish list!

Have fun with your new toy!
Thanks Angelnorth,
Had my first run today and thankfully don't need any tubular bandages yet.
The puncture was caused by a thorn barb so obviously I'll be looking for something more puncture resistant to avoid any future deflationary issues.
I have noticed an error flashing on the display but everything appears to be running well??? I'll have to get the user manual and find out why it's flashing.
Thanks again bud & happy cycling.
Ray

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Ah, it's hedge flaying time of year, I guess - the cyclist's favourite :rolleyes:

You could try asking about the error code in the "electric bikes" section of the forum, somebody may well be able to help but won't necessarily see it here in the welcome section.

Papparay

Oct 21, 2016
Oldham
Ah, it's hedge flaying time of year, I guess - the cyclist's favourite :rolleyes:

You could try asking about the error code in the "electric bikes" section of the forum, somebody may well be able to help but won't necessarily see it here in the welcome section.
Cheers, I'll put a request on for info.
I have discovered it's error code 1 which is a communication fault with advice to check the cable.