New to Pedelecs

Andy Taylor

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2023
I am an ebiker looking for ebike club in West Central Scotaland preferably. Or anyone interested in a ecycling in The West. I have been ebiking for over 3 years now and just upgraded to a Reisse + Muller Nevo Touring.

Reactions: Bikes4two and Woosh

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
  • Welcome to the forum @Andy Taylor - in your hunt for like minded souls, have you considered joining Cycling UK?
  • In my neck of the woods our local Cycling UK (aka Portsmouth CTC) has a large membership whose age profile is definitely towards the upper age quartile shall we say, and a good number of us are ebike riders.
  • I'm glad to say that the club culture down here sees ebike and non-ebike riders cycling together without fuss (probably because most of use started unassisted then looked to ebikes for cycling continuation).
  • When you cycle with others like this, you find out about other cycling groups in your area and it is not uncommon for individual club members to just go cycling with their mates as well as with the club.When joining Cycling UK you can pay monthly (about £4) so if you don't like it then just leave without the 'worry' of wasting a year's subscription.

Reactions: Andy Taylor

jimmyfox1

Just Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Hi, Im new here too!
My name is Jimmy, i have been Mountain Biking for about 20 years. But only went Electric in 2017 buying a Cube reaction. Last year i upgraded to a higher spec cube bike. Use to ride road bikes but found Mountain bikes more fun.

Reactions: Oldie

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I am an ebiker looking for ebike club in West Central Scotaland preferably. Or anyone interested in a ecycling in The West. I have been ebiking for over 3 years now and just upgraded to a Reisse + Muller Nevo Touring.
Can you be more specific ie is that Glasgow ?

Theres a bike ride usually on a Wednesday(or it might be another day, i do forget) basically oldies pottering along the Clyde Part of a cycling charity based in Rutherglen.

Might be called CamGlen Bike Town :confused:

Other than that I dont really know. You could search the old web, see if you can join Scottish west based forum or maybe look for some charitable mob that does ride outs, but theyre mainly aimed at jest getting folk out and about and arent too intensive.

Reactions: Andy Taylor

Andy Taylor

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2023
  • Welcome to the forum @Andy Taylor - in your hunt for like minded souls, have you considered joining Cycling UK?
  • In my neck of the woods our local Cycling UK (aka Portsmouth CTC) has a large membership whose age profile is definitely towards the upper age quartile shall we say, and a good number of us are ebike riders.
  • I'm glad to say that the club culture down here sees ebike and non-ebike riders cycling together without fuss (probably because most of use started unassisted then looked to ebikes for cycling continuation).
  • When you cycle with others like this, you find out about other cycling groups in your area and it is not uncommon for individual club members to just go cycling with their mates as well as with the club.When joining Cycling UK you can pay monthly (about £4) so if you don't like it then just leave without the 'worry' of wasting a year's subscription.
Many thanks for that reply