new to the forum, new to ebikes but looking to get involved.

skerly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 3, 2016
Surrey
as a keen (ish) cyclist ,MTB, road and just before the kids a bit of cyclo ive always enjoyed the fresh air and sights cyclings provides.. two kids in and i am just in place where i have a little more time albeit a commute to work which i am trying to cycle.. its 20miles.. thames path and roads although i am trying to steer clear of as many road around west london as possible.. I managed the ride a few times last year but at over 2 hours i neither have the fitness or time to get do this regularly.

step forward the hopefull solution.. ebike... i am currently looking at options that fit the reliable tool i need to get me from a-b with minimal effort and in less time, something that over time will let me increase my effort and ideally something that could be throw around some local paths at the weekend.

I am steering towards one of the haibikes, possibly buying abroad as uk prices seem quite high in comparison.

I am open to a good deals, shame i cant get something on the cycle to work scheme!

Last edited:

Karl_Sheldon

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2016
Hi, well just took the plunge , not having a history of cycling I did not want to spend as much as haibikes though they look nice so as you will see in forum I got the Oxygen emate cb, they do some nice MTB's to if its more your thing but this has a great balanced specification and fair price especially with current offer, does good milage too so would be good on your 20mile commute .

whatever you buy I'm sure you will be impressed, I am and it just arrived today been whooshing about for past hour ..time flys

keep us all updated

cheers karl

skerly

Feb 3, 2016
Surrey
thanls Karl, I think i may have been seduced by the haibike looks... but do have a problem with the price.. will have a look at the oxygen also.. thanks for the heads up.. happy cycling buddy!

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
Welcome Skerly, I'm a Juicy Bike fan myself but that won't be your style!
Good luck with whatever you decide to get and I'm sure that if you start asking questions under the 'Which electric bike should I buy', you will get lottsa' help!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your 20 mile commute on an e-bike will be the best part of 90 mins, with wind, other weather conditions, stopping, starting and differing terrain it is quite an ask to ride 20 miles each way every day. The exercise will be good for fitness and well being over long term.

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
Welome, Excellent - <<<< I got this for £1300 in the January sales to do precisely what you are after. The general purpose tyre's are fast for the road and able to do a bit of canal path type stuff. Something that comes with lights and mudguards essential for a comfy commute. (add a wee dongle to up the average speed wink wink say no more)

skerly

Feb 3, 2016
Surrey
Your 20 mile commute on an e-bike will be the best part of 90 mins, with wind, other weather conditions, stopping, starting and differing terrain it is quite an ask to ride 20 miles each way every day. The exercise will be good for fitness and well being over long term.
i hear you neath... i managed it a few times on the normal bike but it was just too far and took to long.. i know others that cylcle from to to b within the hour.. which is the same as it takes me to drive.. if i can find a way of using the thames path i will be laughing.. as you say.. maybe some rest days would be a good thing aswell!

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Please go and try as many e-bike as you can, find the one that's your type then come back and ask questions;)

OB1

skerly

Feb 3, 2016
Surrey
well ive taken the dive, taken the hit on my credit card and am picking up my xduro 29er later this afternoon. Few lights mods such as marathon plus tyres, maybe change the grip and from what i hear the saddles arent upto much but cant wait to get out this weekend.. these forums have been a great resource and you all seem like a friendly bunch.. i'll do my upmost to post a little frrst timer review in case there are any people out there still sitting on the fence. .whooooooooooosh...