new toe bikes looking for spares

Paragliderpete

Just Joined
Oct 5, 2015
hi , me and my partner have started riding ebikes recently, and both wish we had started years ago. It's a great pastime, but we are finding a distinct lack of suppliers of spare parts.
Both bikes use befang hub motors mine a cst and my partners a 200w befang but not sure of model. I have been trying to find drawings and parts lists for the hubs , and a uk source of spare parts should we need them when the bikes are out of warranty. In particular I'm looking for a supplier of the nylon planet gears and carrier plate as I feel these are a potential weak point in the system and will need regular inspection / replacement. Would be interested to hear from anyone who can give me some advice or assistance

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Greenbikeking aka GBK in China is the best for parts not sure you will find much hanging about in blighty or BMS Battery aka BMSB.

Paragliderpete

Just Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Greenbikeking aka GBK in China is the best for parts not sure you will find much hanging about in blighty or BMS Battery aka BMSB.
Hi thanks for your reply. I've had a look at both sites and will buy from them if necessary. I do find it very surprising that with the number of retailers selling bikes in the uk that no one sell bits that I would class as normal wear items. You wouldn't buy a new car and then find out the dealer was unable to supply a new clutch. I understand that even if you pay for a service on the bike , they would not take the end plate off the motor to check wear on the gears.
It as far as I can determine, you can only tell which planet gears you need by taking the end plate off. Can anyone confirm if this is correct, I'm reluctant to do this whilst the bikes are under warranty

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Gears for CST are the same as the BPM so sourcing them is no problem , your wife's hub is probably one of the SWX models again no problem sourcing if you know which model. Ask the bike supplier or stick a pic or 2 on here also check the writng on the motor casing

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I think you are worrying over nothing. I have thoroughly abused CST's and SWX motors with heavy riders, big batteries and towing kids up steep hills. I've not stripped any gears in 1000's of miles.

Unless you are unlucky, or have even less mechanical sympathy than me your motors will out live the rest of the bikes.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I do find it very surprising that with the number of retailers selling bikes in the uk that no one sell bits that I would class as normal wear items.
woosh do.