New Wisper 705 Torque

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Many thanks to folk who offered opinion and advice on the forum. After test riding a few different things, I bought a Wisper 705 Torque and took it out for a first spin this morning.

First impressions are that it coped very well with the Northumberland hill I gave it, nice smooth delivery of assistance and great to be able to use the throttle on the steepest bits where "oomph" is at a premium simply by keeping the pedals turning. Very glad to have decent brakes for the ride back down!

I'll do a more comprehensive review when I've had it a couple of weeks so I have more substantial experience to go on but I think we'll be friends and I'm happy with the choice I made. I may only have done three mile this morning but they were three miles I could probably just about have managed 25 years ago (hills!) and as I basically haven't been on a bike for almost 20 years I'm feeling quite pleased with myself! There's really nothing quite like the rush of wind past your ears on a bike, is there?!

bike.jpg firstRideEast.jpg

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Angelnorth,

Thanks for the images and report, I'm absolutely delighted you are enjoying your new Wiper 705Torque. Thanks for the business, we appreciate it.

Best regards, David

Reactions: LeighPing

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Hi Steve

Nice and smooth on the flat. I could pedal without any assistance at all if I wanted but generally opted for assistance level 1 and a higher gear because that generally felt very comfortable. Because you get assistance as soon as you press on the pedal, it felt very easy to set off from a standstill on the flat with just the first level of assistance. Setting off on an uphill slope was also reasonably easy although I was choosing a higher level of assistance for that.

Does that help? Let me know if you want more description of anything and I'll see if I can add anything.

SteveMcG

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2016
Inverness
Thanks Angel, I appreciate it. I doubt I will get to try out anything other than Volt Pulse, so having to go on reviews. Did you try out the Volt or know anything about the Oxygen range? Struggling to decide between these three.

Right I am off to test drive the Volt again - many thanks for your replies.

Last edited:

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Afraid not - I tried a Batribike, a Raleigh Motus and a couple of Wispers. I suspect there isn't a perfect solution - if you find a bike that will do what you want it to do and feels comfortable yiu should probably go for it and not worry too much about what might have been!

• Agree
Reactions: IR772