New York Cycle Messengers

chuff_nutty

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 18, 2009
Wow, what kind of bike are they that there all riding in these video's? are they electric bikes? They look so much faster than my bike!

I guess because I ride an electric bike your could say I'm not a proper cyclist, but from what I can rather as these guys are couriers and I would imagine get paid per delivery and doing every day you would get very used to riding in traffic and knowing what to look out for and how to ride around the traffic. I mean to me it looks pretty impressive, yes it is illegal I suppose, how many bike couriers do you hear getting hit by buses? maybe even though it looks very dangerous to me and anothers but maybe because there riding around every thing and not getting caught up in the trraffic its actually safer?

I know I pretty scared when I have to ride in the bus lane and I have to start and stop and pull out to go around.

wibble

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2008
I like the way he looked at it and decided there wasn't enough mess and drove over it with his back wheels.
Yeah, I noticed that. If it wasn't for that I may have dismissed it as an accident.. I like to think that I would've gotten out of the van and pulled his bike out before pulling over.

..I then would've locked the van door and climbed under my seat.

Hey, the dude was big!