New

Tony Harriman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 8, 2020
Staffordshire
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the ebike craze and have bought a stealth bomber frame, 26" wheels, 72v battery and 5kw motor, onlyvthing is I cant get it to work.
I have a Sabvoton 72100 controller and have downloaded the Mqcon software to my pc.
It powers up but the throttle voltage doesn't change when using the twist grip.
Ive confirmed a 4.7v supply is at the connector to the throttle, ive even changed the hall sensor in the throttle, still nothing, the motor won't spin.
I'm being sent a new throttle but don't think its the problem.
Can anyone help?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The sensible way to find causes of problems is by measurement ant testing. I'd only replace a throttle or it's hall sensor if it wasn't giving out 1.2 - 3.8v when supplied with 5v.

You have 5v, so check that the motor halls are switching with 5v, then check that the controller's mosfets are OK by measuring the resistance between each phase wire and the battery positive, and each to the battery negative. Each 3 readings should be the same as each other.

After that, you have to use logic, cunning, and a lot of love to find the cause.

Tony Harriman

Nov 8, 2020
Staffordshire
Thanks for the reply, im lost already.
I powered up and what I can tell you is that all 3 phase wires are showing 14v without throttle mind you the new one came today and its made no difference, think this new controller is knackered already?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is this a new or used buy ?

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Is this a new or used buy ?
So many variables here:
72v battery and 5kw motor.
Sabvoton 72100 controller and have downloaded the Mqcon software to my pc.

You state "only thing is I cant get it to work"
Did you buy the parts individually and expect it to just work?
With respect that kit seems quite complex, not something undertaken without some experience and electrical knowledge! Always realise your limitations before undertaking a project of that magnitude!
:eek:5Kw motor....have you got a racetrack?;)

Tony Harriman

Nov 8, 2020
Staffordshire
Any help please
So many variables here:
72v battery and 5kw motor.
Sabvoton 72100 controller and have downloaded the Mqcon software to my pc.

You state "only thing is I cant get it to work"
Did you buy the parts individually and expect it to just work?
With respect that kit seems quite complex, not something undertaken without some experience and electrical knowledge! Always realise your limitations before undertaking a project of that magnitude!
:eek:5Kw motor....have you got a racetrack?;)
I bought the frame separately but the rest as a kit from Ncyclebike supposedly tested, just connect and ride.
In the mqcon software when powered up it shows the throttle voltage as 0.03v I know there is 4.7v to the purple wire of the connection to the throttle but it doesn't change, strange thing is there is 14v to all 3 phase wires on the controller, I think the controller is toast?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I told you in post#2 to measure the throttle signal. It's not difficult and it takes less time than writing what you just wrote:
Throttle supply voltage =?V
Throttle signal at zero throttle =?V
Throttle signal at full throttle =?V

Tony Harriman

Nov 8, 2020
Staffordshire
I told you in post#2 to measure the throttle signal. It's not difficult and it takes less time to write what you just wrote:
I told you in post#2 to measure the throttle signal. It's not difficult and it takes less time than writing what you just wrote:
Should I open the controller and take measurements from the pcb?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Should I open the controller and take measurements from the pcb?
I've got no idea what sort of connectors or other arrangements your system has. normally, there would be a connector somewhere between the throttle and the controller. If it's a block type, you can stuff your probes up the back of the connector where the wires go in on the controller side. if you can't get probes into your connectors, then yes, open the controller and probe where the wires attach. Be careful though.