newbie...a short list for pros/cons advice or any better recommendations

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
ok ive had a few testrides today. bit sad i had to wait 25 minutes for a train so missed the opportunity to get to hampton wick for a kalkhoff test ride. however ive test ridden a tonaro bighit, an a2b metro, a scott bike and a neo cross. the neo cross i went to because i couldnt make hampton wick and turned up on offchance as i had returned to london and luckily were open until 7 apparently-of his bikes, manager recommended i try the cross neo..i can see why he did-super bike but i didnt try it on a hill. the scott i found similar to the neo on the flat and good uphill. the bighit throttle seemed weak to me- i was very disappointed and i mostly went to see the bighit on basis of reviews. the a2b metro i was very impressed with-honestly my favourite-it really zoomed but the manager advised if electrics broke down middle of nowhere, its a beast to pedal without power and the range sucks apparently. all in all ,a tie between the cross neo and scott for suitability. shame i didnt see the kalkhoffs.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
all in all ,a tie between the cross neo and scott for suitability. shame i didnt see the kalkhoffs.
Glad to hear you tested the Scott - not many people report back on that. Are you able to get back to test the Kalkhoffs ? Would be very interesting now you've tested the ones you have. If you want to compare the Nuvinci drive then you need to get back up to Hampton Wick ;)

The Neo Cross is well liked - and is a very good climber.

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Unlikely, too costly ..lol i have been spending too much recently for no end result (things in general). If i do get a sit on a moustache or kalkhoff, it will be next month when funds have replenished.

D

Deleted member 4366

Riding a crank drive with a throttle takes a bit of practice because the motor revs out easily in most gears except top on the flat. It can give the impression that the motor is less powerful than it is. The trick is to change gear at the right time, which isn't easy without a tachometer. You need an LED or something that tells you that you've revved out.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Unlikely, too costly ..lol i have been spending too much recently for no end result (things in general). If i do get a sit on a moustache or kalkhoff, it will be next month when funds have replenished.
Unless I am mistaken,you appear to live in the London area and are thinking of delaying your purchase. You are starting to get close to the London Test an ebike day at the Redbridge Cycling Centre,Redbridge,Hainault,afternoon April 7-there will be 12 ebike suppliers with over 100 ebike to test,including some of your current choices,the circuit is almost a unique facility in the UK.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Hi Dave,

Just wondered who is exhibiting, would be interesting to know full list.

DW